Goods are the items that sophonts, and especially adventurers, demand in great quantities.
- They are the guns, gadgets, devices, and technological toys that the the public demands. They also include more mundane items such as food, drink, construction materials, drugs, luxury items, tools, and various sundries that make technological society possible.
There is a summary list.
Equipment in the AAB encyclopedia is divided into the following categories:
- A - Protections, Safety (Armor, Clothing, Insulation, etc), Augments.
- Fabrics, Protective gear
- B - Breathing Gases. Specialized Mixtures.
- Breathing apparatus
- C - Cables and Surface Gear.
- Survival gear
- D - Detectors (Sensors, Sensory aids, Signal amplifiers, etc).
- Sensory aids
- E - Emitters (of signals capable of being sensed).
- Communications gear, Emitters
- F - Food. Nutrients
- Food and Drink
- G - Non-Breathing gases.
- <No Category>
- K - Containers, Carriers, Cases, Backpacks, Holsters.
- L - Liquids. Liquid Manipulating Equipment. Pumps.
- <No Category>
- M - Construction Materials, Structural Items.
- Construction materials
- N - Information, Software, Data, Apps, Programming. Computers.
- P - Power. Power Supplies. Power Cells. Energy Sources.
- Power supplies
- Q - Small Craft.
- R - Drugs (Rx) and Medical.
- Medical, Drugs
- S - Structures, Shelters,
- T - Tools. Toolkits. Basic Machines
- U - Unique items
- Personal items
- V - Vehicles.
- Civilian Vehicle Types, Military Vehicle Types, Personal mobility
- W - Weapons
- X - Explosives. Exothermic Chemicals.
- Y - Robots, Automatons, Strangeforms.
- Robots of Charted Space
One of the close correlations of sophonta, is the development of plentiful goods, useful tools, vehicles, and other sophisticated technological devices. At TL-0, sophonts use found tools, acquired items from their environment to master their environment and the non-technological creatures surrounding them. By TL-1 and beyond, sophonts have learned how to use basic tools to construct more sophisticated tools: tools making tools.
By TL:19-21, robots become society's Basic Workforce, radically transforming everyday life for non-robotic sophonts. Early robota manifest various levels of autonomous behavior, but lack the deep ability for independent decision-making which constitutes true artificial intelligence. At this point, tools build more sophisticated tools, that are in turn built by tools, with tools, and were intellectually formulated by tools as well, completely removing non-robotic sophonts from the equation.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- T5 Core Rules
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science