Please see the following AAB articles for more information:
- Education in Charted Space
Psionics Institute is a generic name; each such institution was independently organized and maintained.
- Institutes were generally supported by that portion of the population which had psionic talents.
- Since that portion was small, they were viable only on high population worlds (...approximately one billion or more).
Organizations of this nature have existed since before the advent of space travel, but attained prominence only during the Long Night, when reproducible scientific discoveries made psionics a teachable, learnable science.
- In the Imperial Antebellum period, psionics institutes were rare, being formed only on a few scattered worlds which, for one reason or another, had an unusually high rate of psionic talents appearing, or which encouraged Psionics for social, political, or commercial reasons.
- In the years after the Civil War, institutes were organized on most high population worlds within the Imperium.
- During the Psionics Suppressions, the institutes' charters were revoked, and talented individuals were persecuted.
- In some cases, the individuals fled to assume new identities on other worlds; in others, whole families emigrated to the Zhodani Consulate or to other places beyond the frontiers of the Imperium.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
Following the Psionics Suppressions, there were theoretically no psionics institutes remaining in the Third Imperium.
- In practice, underground institutes remained on many worlds.
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article has a secret.|
- Classic Traveller Adventure 1 The Kinunir
- Classic Traveller Supplement 11 Library Data (N-Z)
- Classic Traveller The Traveller Adventure
- Marc Miller's Traveller Psionic Institutes
- T20 pg.186
- GURPS Traveller: Psionics Institutes
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science