The best method of travel is called high passage, which involves first class accomodations and cuisine.
- For the magazine of the same name, see High Passage Magazine.
Please see the following AAB articles for more information:
- Interstellar Travelling (Travelling in Charted Space)
High passengers have the services of the ship's steward, entertainment and complete attention to their comfort.
- There is a baggage allowance of up to 1,000 kilograms.
- High passage costs begin at Cr10,000.
- Middle Passage passengers can be bumped off the ship by High Passage purchasers.
History & Background (Dossier)
The wealthy have always desired luxuries and comforts not possessed by the have-nots of Charted Space. Interstellar travel would not change this basic psychological impulse.
For most sophont species early spaceflight was limited to governments and the extremely wealthy. As the frontier of space grows more accessible with increasing mastery of technology, the wealthy naturally carve off special parts of it for themselves. High Passage interstellar travel entails far more comfort, entertainment, and vastly better food than steerage or Low Passage and has for millennia.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. Starships (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), .
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science