Transportation while in cold sleep (suspended animation) is possible at relatively low cost to the passenger.
Please see the following AAB articles for more information:
- Interstellar Travelling (Travelling in Charted Space)
The passenger is placed in a low passage berth before the ship takes off, and travels the entire journey in a state of suspended animation. He does not age, and requires very little life support.
- Low passage costs Cr1,000 and includes a baggage allowance of 10 kilograms.
- Try the Portable cold capsule.
History & Background (Dossier)
Unfortunately, the low passage system involves some intrinsic dangers to the passenger, and he runs some risk of not surviving the voyage.
- A certified medic is required to be present during revival.
- Refunds or civil liability if a low passenger fails to survive the trip are not allowed.