A Travel Zone is a standard form of classification for worlds in terms of relative danger.
- Not all races use the classification system although many of them use it outright or in modified form.
Please see the following AAB articles for more information:
- Interstellar Travelling (Travelling in Charted Space)
Standard classifications include:
History & Background (Dossier)
As a service to spacefarers, the Travellers' Aid Society publishes travel zone classifications which indicate the degree of danger a world presents to visitors.
The IISS also uses the zone classifications and originated the system. However, due to the impossibility of constantly tracking tens of thousands of worlds, current ratings are often maintained by TAS members.
References and contributors
- Marc Miller. The Kinunir (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 41-42.
- John Harshman, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. Library Data (N-Z) (Game Designers Workshop, 1982), 25.
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science