The Travellers' Aid Society travel zone classification for a nation, world, or system which is dangerous to travellers.
- In general, the imposition of a red zone classification indicates the location is quarantined, interdicted by higher authority, or at war.
Please see the following AAB articles for more information:
- Interstellar Travelling (Travelling in Charted Space)
Quarantine indicates that a dangerous disease is present, and the danger of war is self-explanatory, but interdiction requires further discussion.
- Please see the dossier of this data file for further explanation of what Interdiction entails.
History & Background (Dossier)
Interstellar governments often find it necessary to restrict access to worlds or systems for political or military reasons, and do so by raising interdiction over a World-System. Enforcement of interdiction varies with the reason for the restriction.
Interdiction may be imposed on a world for any or all of the following reasons:
- If it is a military base or is the location of other types of sensitive installations
- For the private reservations belonging to powerful families desiring seclusion
- For developing societies which the government has elected to allow to evolve in isolation
- For valuable resource areas being saved for later development or exploitation
- For other unspecified reasons
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
Red Zone worlds are located throughout Imperial Space.
- Many other major powers and interstellar empires have developed similar systems of astrographic zoning.
World Listing: 1116
All of the following systems and/or worlds possess Red Zones:
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Classic Traveller Supplement 11 Library Data (N-Z)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science