|No. of Worlds||476|
|Majority Control||Third Imperium - 100%|
|Domain||Domain of Sol|
|Gross Sector Product||BCr2,623,902|
|Imperial Coordinate||0 / -2|
|This sector has a trade map|
|This sector has economic data|
|This sector has sector data|
|This sector has a climate file|
|This sector has sector data|
- 1 Meta-History & Background
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
- 5 Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
- 6 Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
- 7 References & Contributors / Sources
Meta-History & Background
- In 1984, the Classic Traveller Atlas of the Imperium was published.
- In 1990, MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr was published.
- In 1991, MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan was published.
- In 1991, MegaTraveller Hard Times was published.
- In 1992, it was further refined by Mark Gelinas Sr. and appears in Astrogators' Guide to Diaspora Sector (GDW, 1992).
- In 1994, TNE Path of Tears was published.
- In 1994, the periodical Traveller Chronicle 5 was published.
Diaspora has a very important strategic location, the central crossroads of many trade mains, and it is very diverse in intelligent life. The area is still developing economically despite the considerable trade that passes through. It has suffered through and survived several violent conflicts between the peoples of Vland and Terra. It is clear that with its closer proximity to Terra, the Terrans won the cultural conflict and the area has very little Vilani character and the overwhelming stamp of Terran civilization.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Third Imperium||Diaspora||Third Imperium|
|Droyne||Unknown||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|K'kree||Unknown||Two Thousand Worlds|
Linguistic Topography: 1116
The following languages are among the most commonly encountered within this astrographic region:
History & Background (Dossier)
Diaspora was only sparsely settled by the First Imperium Vilani. It is an astrographic region rich in indigenous life. Many scientists and historians have speculated that such a richness of lifeforms cannot have occurred by chance. And the number of NIL's has been the subject of a number of books. Current sophontic theory holds that there should only be three sophont species per sector-sized area of galactic space. Clearly, Diaspora is one of the many refutations of this theory to be found within Charted Space.
Native Sophonts: 1116
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
- Non-Human Races
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
General Overview: No information yet available.
History-Era: Mileu 1100
When the expanding Terran Confederation exploded into space, Vilani efforts to develop the area were described by one Terran general as "Too little, too late, too slow: too bad." Attempts to use it as a buffer zone only made it easier for the Terrans to conquer portions of it, and ultimately the Vilani began trading bits of it away in attempts to appease the voracious invaders.
- As the Terrans grabbed subsector after subsector in their coreward drive, they realized that they had to dominate the region culturally as well as militarily if they were to establish true, lasting control. The Terran Confederation initiated a gargantuan resettlement campaign to achieve this goal. This campaign, which involved the transplanting of some 10 million willing and unwilling persons in the first eight years, was known as the "Diaspora", and gave the name to the Sector.
- During the Long Night, only the Union of Sufren was able to maintain a shaky hold on interstellar culture, and its perseverance was rewarded when it was finally contacted by traders of Cleon Zhunatsu's Third Imperium.
- By 330, the sector was incorporated into the new Imperium, and this ushered in a new age of unrivalled prosperity for Diaspora, as it sat astride the "Imperial Road" that linked Capital to humaniti's birthplace.
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this sector:
- (0 to Present): Third Imperium established.
- (330): Sector incorporated into the Third Imperium.
- (332): Imperial Road reconnected to Imperial Core.
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
Diaspora Sector has been fought over by the powers that be for centuries. At one time, it was a vibrant frontier for both peoples escaping the Vilani and Terrans seeking new frontiers. That was long ago.
Polity Listing: 1116
- Independent Powers (Pocket Empires)
- Non-Aligned Powers (World-States)
- Other Powers
- Solomani Confederation (Solomani Powers)
- Third Imperium (Imperial powers)
Polity Descriptions: 1116
Imperial Territory: 1116
This is an Imperial core sector.
- The Imperial portion of this sector is administered from the Domain of Sol.
- 100.00% is controlled by the Third Imperium.
- 0.00% is controlled by non-Imperial powers.
Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
Mains, Branches & Arms
Clusters & Traces
Rifts, Voids & Jump Bridges
Other Astrographic Features
Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
This is an area of average to high stellar density. There are a number of minor expanses or micro rifts in the area, but for the most part, even the least capable jump ships have an easy time navigating this well populated and developed region.
The capital or capitals of this area is/are located at:
Sector Summary: 1116
The Diaspora sector has 476 worlds, of which 419 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the sector is 471 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are 41 High population (Hi) worlds, 45 Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 214 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 121 Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. There are 66 Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus 32 Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and 62 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are 27 Rich (Ri) worlds versus 22 Industrial (In) worlds. There are 14 Asteroid (As) belts, nine Desert (De) worlds, 32 Garden (Ga) worlds, two Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, 58 Poor (Po) worlds, 92 Vacuum (Va) worlds, and 23 Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are 33 Naval bases in the sector, 18 Scout bases, and four Way stations. In Diaspora there are 12 race homeworlds. The Imperial nobility includes 462 Knights, 49 Baronets, 80 Barons, 57 Marquises, 44 Viscounts, 39 Counts, five Dukes, 14 Subsector Dukes, and one Archduke. The highest population worlds are Hervestia (Diaspora 2310) and Aight (Diaspora 3203). The highest tech level is F at Gasudarsk (Diaspora 0605), Khunan (Diaspora 1104), Libert (Diaspora 1109), Ridge (Diaspora 1210), Talca (Diaspora 1407), and Lassie (Diaspora 2207). The average technology level is 10 (with most between 7 and 12).
- The sector capital of Third Imperium, Domain of Sol is Libert (Diaspora 1109).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Narquel is Narquel (Diaspora 0709).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Sufren is Sufren (Diaspora 2004).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Khavle is Khavle (Diaspora 2605).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Shadigi is Ferry (Diaspora 0512).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Kushga is Mohavi (Diaspora 0918).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Alurza is Kandom (Diaspora 2116).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Pasdaruu is Aarishuu (Diaspora 2814).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Ebasha is Ebasha (Diaspora 0228).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Iusea is Iusea (Diaspora 1325).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of The Blight is Eberly (Diaspora 2130).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Promise is Exeter (Diaspora 2729).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Hijiri is Cumber (Diaspora 0532).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Shumisdi is Frey (Diaspora 1133).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Madoc is Kelvin (Diaspora 2340).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Khulam is Gresham (Diaspora 3138).
World Listing: 1116
Subsector Listing: 1116
The following subsectors can be found within this sector:
- Subsector A: Narquel
- Subsector B: Libert
- Subsector C: Sufren
- Subsector D: Khavle
- Subsector E: Shadigi
- Subsector F: Kushga
- Subsector G: Alurza
- Subsector H: Pasdaruu
- Subsector I: Ebasha
- Subsector J: Iusea
- Subsector K: The Blight
- Subsector L: Promise
- Subsector M: Hijiri
- Subsector N: Shumisdi
- Subsector O: Madoc
- Subsector P: Khulam
Territorial Overview: 1116
The following table details the subsectors within this area:
- No information yet available.
Territorial Chart Key
No information yet available.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Atlas of the Imperium
- MegaTraveller Astrogators' Guide to the Diaspora Sector
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dot map provided)
- MegaTraveller Hard Times (Khavle and Pasdaruu Subsectors)
- TNE Path of Tears (Promise and Khulam Subsections)
- TNE Vampire Fleets
- Periodical: TNE Traveller Chronicle 4
- Periodical: TNE Traveller Chronicle 5 in Article: 'Astrogator's Update to Diaspora Sector'
- External Link: Fan-Site
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science