Aslan Border Wars
The Aslan Border Wars are a series of conflicts between various Aslan clans and human systems as the Aslan expanded toward already settled human territory.
History & Background (Dossier)
The Aslan achieved jump drive late (140 Aslan, -1999 Imperial) and proceeded to expand into the available territory in their region of space.
- Contacts along their trailing border necessarily resulted in friction with the human systems in that region.
Long Night Imperium
Because the Long Night was already well under way by the time the Aslan encountered humans, there was no central human government to resist Aslan attacks.
- Since there was no united Aslan authority either, the sides were fairly matched, and numerous small wars erupted between Aslan clans and human splinter states, with alliances among the various powers constantly forming and dissolving.
The border between human and Aslan space remained relatively constant, with a few systems changing hands after each war. At this time some clans also launched raids into the interior of the former Imperial domains, where they conquered and settled worlds as much as 40 parsecs beyond the border.
- The final treaties, known as the Peace of Ftahalr, were negotiated with some of the major clans.
- They established a buffer zone about 30 parsecs wide between the Imperial border and the region of Aslan control.
- There has been no war since then (380 Imperial, 5372 Aslan), although the Solomani have violated portions of the zone and incorporated it into their boundaries.
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
This is some of the more important history associated with this event:
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Classic Traveller Supplement 8 Library Data (A-M)
- Periodical: Traveller Chronicle 6 in Article: 'Library Data'
- GURPS Traveller
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science