From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Date: 800 Imperial|
|Previous and Following Years|
|790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799|
|801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810|
|See also:||Date Conversion
- Scipio (Solomani Rim 3234) settled by Solomani anti-technologists.
- The Imperial Scout Service begins studying the Gamgilebo (Vland 1604) system's inner gas giant, Getes, which seems to be exhibiting signs of becoming a new star.
- Granicus (Glimmerdrift Reaches 0520) civil wars finally bring an end to the Protectorate.
- After 500 serious years of study, the Ancients site on Antiquity (Corridor 0816) is opened to the public as a tourist site, although remaining under strict Imperial control.
- Extensive deposits of industrial-grade gemstones are found on Kuai Qing (Spinward Marches 1040); resulting immigration disrupts the government's centralized planning, which resorts to oppressive measures to keep control.
- Imperium annexes the spinward half of Diamond-Prince subsector in Ley Sector. The ducal seat is awarded to the Stolzhein family of Jutland (Ley 1838).
- Twelve worlds, led by Afellahlah (Far Frontiers 1222), establish the Federation of Alsas. The federation takes a pro-Imperial stance in sector politics.
- Although direct intervention by either is very unlikely, most states in Far Frontiers Sector have chosen pro- Imperial or pro-Zhodani allegiances.
- The masculinist movement on Santorini (Solomani Rim 2938) effectively dies out, having only gained a few superficial concessions.
- In the interests of maintaining good relations with the Imperium, the Darrians lower the profile of their own psionics programs.
- Dynchia space receives its first traders from the Third Imperium by way of the Harodar Hegemony to coreward.
- Azhanti settlements springing up across the Antares Sector.
- The Valkyrie homeworld, far rimward of the Aslan Hierate and Solomani Sphere, is discovered by an interstellar exploration vessel - probably a Solomani far trader or merchant cruiser.
- Solomani from worlds in the Diaspora Sector settle the moon of Akimasi (Solomani Rim 1201). Terraforming begins on the mainworld below.
- Internal reforms in the Syzlin Empire trigger civil war.
- Laputa (Solomani Rim 2740) settled from worlds in Sol Subsector. A pseudoreligious movement, the Omega Point Fraternity, sponsors the settlement.
- Cymbeline (Solomani Rim 2527) first settled.
- The entire Vegan region has come under direct Solomani Movement rule, and Solomani governors are installed in every system.
- Rise of piracy in Gateway Sector.
- Empress Paula II signs the first of 65 suppression orders for the Psionic Institutes, and eventually revokes all Institute charters.
- Psionics Suppressions begin; SuSAG is badly damaged as psionic drugs are declared illegal, manufacturing plants closed and all stocks confiscated and destroyed.
- As the Psionic Suppressions begin throughout the Imperium, they carry over into the Solomani Autonomous Region.
- During the psionic suppressions, minor groups of refugees from the Imperium flow through Tarsus (Spinward Marches 1138).
- In Five Sisters Subsector some colonization attempts were begun under the auspices of Emperor Paulo I in 740, but all developmental activity was stopped under the Psionics Suppressions of 800. The region has been under naval administration since.
- Mirriam (Spinward Marches 0333) was home to a community of four million people, a X-Boat Way Station, the headquarters of the 208th Fleet, and there was talk of making it the permanent subsector capital. All of this progress was stillborn in the wake of the Psionic Suppressions.
- 4518th Lift Infantry Regiment raises anti-psionic battalions to support the Psionic Suppressions.
- No information yet available.