Atlas of the Imperium
|Atlas of the Imperium|
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Author||Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan|
|Table of Contents|
The Atlas of the Imperium (Sometimes abbreviated as AotI or AOTI) is a Traveller RPG book containing astrographic data for use in a Traveller adventure campaign.
The Imperial Interstellar Scout Service's famed Second Survey of the Imperium, (originally published in 1065) now is available in a condensed commercial edition mapping thirty-five sectors in and around the Third Imperium.
All pertinent astrographic data is presented on thirty-five full page (8 1/2 by 11 inch) maps showing every Imperial sector from the fabled Core (the center of the Empire) to the Vland, Corridor, Deneb, and Spinward Marches sectors; from Verge on the edge of the Rift to Ilelish, Magyar, and Daibei sectors; from distant Antares to the Delphi, Old Expanses, and Solomani Rim sectors. Every world of the Imperium is shown, each in its proper location.
Each world on the map is shown with base, starport, and world type (standard, desert, or asteroid belt), and high-population worlds are named.
Meta-history & Background
It should be noted that there is sometimes a degree of confusion between to AotI and Second Survey.
- Second Survey: (...as defined in Classic Traveller Supplement 11: Library Data (N-Z)) covers only those parts of Charted Space occupied by the Third Imperium.
- AotI: AotI provides maps for many sectors outside of the Third Imperium; therefore, AotI is not Second Survey.
T5 Third Survey
- There is currently an on-going project for the new version of Traveller (T5) which will result in a sourcebook (...possibly called "Second Survey" or "T5 Third Survey"). This project and book will produce the definitive Second Survey, but it will still only cover the areas of Charted Space occupied by the Third Imperium.
- Marc W. Miller
- Additional Design
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, & Gordon Sheridan
- Cover Illustration
- Steve Venters
- Old Expanses Sector was designed by Jim Cunningham and Gordon Sheridan, portions appearing in High Passage Magazine;
- Reaver's Deep Sector was designed by J. Andrew Keith, portions appearing in High Passage Magazine and Far Traveller Magazine.
- Additional data and adventures set in the sector is published by Gamelords Ltd;
- Two subsectors of Reft Sector were designed by John Harshman and appeared in Adventure 5 - Trillion Credit Squadron;
- Solomani Rim Sector was designed by John Harshman and appeared in Supplement 10 - The Solomani Rim;
- The Spinward Marches were designed by Marc W. Miller and appeared in Supplement 3 - Spinward Marches;
- Two subsectors of Trojan Reach Sector were designed by Bob McWilliams and appeared in Adventure 4 - Leviathan
- Ley Sector and Glimmerdrift Reaches Sector were originally published by Judges Guild. The sectors in the Atlas retain the names but were entirely newly generated and supercede the Judges Guild products.
Table of Contents
Sectors of the Imperium and Surrounds IFC Mapping the Imperium 3 Spinward Marches, Deneb, Corridor, Vland, lishun, Antares, and Empty Quarter sectors 4 -10 Trojan Reach, Reft, Gushemege, Dagudashag, Core, Fornast, and Ley sectors 11 -17 Riftspan Reaches, Verge, Ilelish, Zarushagar, Massilia, Delphi, and Glimmerdrift Reaches sectors 18 -24 Hlakhoi, Ealiyasiyw, Reaver's Deep,Daibei, Diaspora, Old Expanses, and Hinterworlds sectors 25 -31 Staihaia'yo, Iwahfuah, Dark Nebula, Magyar, Solomani Rim, Alpha Crucis, and Spica sectors 32 -38 IS Form 4 (Experimental) blank sector map grid 39 Sector Alphabetical Index IBC