A Killer Whale or Orca.
|Homeworld||Terra (Solomani Rim 1827)|
|Reference||Gateway to Destiny|
The Orca are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
Physiology & Environment (Ecology)
Orcas are distinctively marked, with a black back, white chest and sides, and a white patch above and behind the eye. Calves are born with a yellowish or orange tint, which fades to white. Orcas have a heavy and stocky body and a large dorsal fin with a dark grey "saddle patch" at the fin's rear. Males normally grow from 6.5-8 m long and weigh in excess of 6.0 tonnes; it has been reported that especially large males have reached nearer 8.0 tonnes. Females are smaller, growing from 5.7-7m and a weight of about 5 tonnes. Calves at birth weigh about 180 kg and are about 2.4 m long. The Orca's large size and strength make them the fastest marine mammals, often reaching speeds in excess of 56 km/h.
History & Background (Dossier)
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race (sophont species) is primarily located in the following areas:
- Diaspora Sector
- Glimmerdrift Reaches Sector
- Solomani Rim Sector
The homeworld of this race (sophontic species) is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Orca. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Charles E. Gannon. Astrogators' Guide to the Diaspora Sector (Game Designers Workshop, 1992), 6.
- Kevin Knight. "Astrogator's Update to Diaspora Sector." Traveller Chronicle 02 (1993): 43.
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. Gateway to Destiny (QuikLink Interactive, 2004), 36.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science