Makhidkarun originated with the aristocracy or Enshii and emphasized interstellar government.
- Makhidkarun is an Imperial and a Vilani megacorporation.
- It was one of the original Shangarim or Bureaux.
- 1 Description (Portfolio)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References & Contributors / Sources
Makhidkarun is one of the thirteen Imperial MegaCorporations in operation in 1116.
- Food Products
- Recreational Products
Notes: Makhidkarun specializes in the communications and entertainment industries. The firm produces fine musical recordings of all types, two and three dimensional motion pictures, books, magazines, and art reproductions of all sorts. Its communications division produces a wide variety of data processing, storage, and retrieval equipment and the requisite software for it. A gourmet foods division trades in all manner of rare and expensive foods, wines, and delicacies.
Governance & Organization
This old Vilani Megacorporation is not the largest manufacturer of [[robot]s, but it is the most innovative. The company's research staff is responsible for many of the Imperium's significant breakthroughs in synaptic processing.
Stock ownership (1116):
- Imperial Family— 5%,
- Noble families— 28%,
- Shiishuginsa family - 17%,
- Hortalez et Cie- 28%,
- Investment trusts- 25%,
- Sharurshid Trust - 17%,
- Private ownership-14%
- Zirunkariish - 9%
No information yet available.
- Information not yet available.
- Urakkalan Co-Prosperity Development Trust: - This Zirunkariish subsidiary is committed to economic development of the Vland System through direct investment and other projects anywhere within the Vland system, except on the mainworld of Vland. It is headquartered on Gashema. Ownership: Zirunkariish--50%, Shiishuginsa family--20%, Sharurshid Trust--10%, Makhidkarun--10%, and Naasirka--10%.
- Bank Janus LIC - the Makhidkarun holds 12% equity in Bank Janus.
- The Timer Club of Amsa LIC is a licensed Timer club located on Amsa for the exclusive use of top executives retired to Amsa by their employers (Zirunkariish, Makhidkarun, First Medical LIC, and Pharmacologique Fabrique LIC). Ownership: Zirunkariish Healthcare System, LIC--60%, Shiishuginsa family--10%, Makhidkarun--10%, First Medical LIC--10%, and Pharmacologique Fabrique LIC--10%.
History & Background (Dossier)
Makhidkarun, Sharurshid, and Naasirka were originally regional government agencies providing a broad range of services to the worlds of the First Imperium. When that empire fell (collapsed), the three bureaux transformed themselves into quasi-private companies performing much the same services as before. Over the course of centuries, each has expanded into the others’ territories, and all three are strong competitors throughout the Imperium.
- Makhidkarun, one of the three original Vilani bureaux, originated with the aristocracy or Enshii, and emphasized interstellar government. Sometime in the shrouded mists of the Long Night, it transformed into a megacorporation. All that can be stated with certainty is that its corporate form pre-dates the Third Imperium.
No information yet available.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Joe Fugate. Robots (Game Designers Workshop, 1986), .
- Classic Traveller Supplement 8 Library Data (A-M)
- MegaTraveller Referee's Companion
- MegaTraveller Journal 3 in Article: 'Megacorporations in the Rebellion Era'
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science