|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|ISBN 0-943580-71-4 Stock #0215|
|Table of Contents|
The Referee's Companion is a Game Designers Workshop product.
- It is a source book designed for MegaTraveller.
Expand the rebellious universe of MegaTraveller with more rules, background, information, and materials for the dedicated referee. Materials that simply would not fit into the grand, three-volume MegaTraveller rules set have been brought together into one volume as the MegaTraveller Referee's Companion. This compendium helps provide detail to science-fiction campaigns, adds scope to MegaTraveller projects, and sparks interest in any adventure. The MegaTraveller Referee's Companion includes:
- The Alien Races: Coverage of the major alien races that travellers are bound to meet: the fierce warrior Aslan; the psionic Zhodani; the fragmented, canine Vargr; and the puzzling Droyne. Essays deal with the races' homeworlds, physical appearance, and abilities, mental make-up, and interstellar territories. Coverage of their histories helps referees understand their backgrounds, making it easier to use alien individuals as non-player characters. Tables for word generation in alien languages make it possible for referees to add spice and mystery to everyday activities, and glossaries provide translations for known words in the alien languages.
- Large-Scale Combat: Rules for a simple system of converting characters into conglomerate units, resolving battles between these larger units, and reconverting the units back into individual characters. the system makes large-scale battles possible, without losing the detail of individual player characters.
- Timekeeping: A simple, direct system of tracking time for adventurers using the Imperial Calendar. Use it to make the proper date always available. Plus, details on alien timekeeping systems for when the adventure strays into foreign territory.
- Communications: Information on how starship communications systems work in the typical star system.
- In-System Operations: Details of what a starship is expected to do, and how it does it as the ship moves from jump point to a world and back again.
- Research: Coverage of the use of the Uncertain task to conduct important research into scientific, personal, or commercial ventures.
- Mapping: Map grids to help the referee design and generate any world, and present it with style as part of any adventure.
- Megacorporations: Names, ownership, and commercial interests of the thirteen star-spanning Imperial megacorporations.
- Technology: Details of the achievements of the standard tech levels inside the Imperium, plus information on the higher tech levels so rarely encountered.
- Robots: Information on robots, the nascent work force for high tech Imperial worlds.
Table of Contents
|MegaTraveller: Referee's Companion|
|Small Conglomerate Unit Example||16|
|Conglomerate Unit Conversion Checklist||19|
|In-System Travel Times||21|
|The Activity Checklists||24|
|Robots in the Imperium||35|
|The Imperial Calendar||43|
|The Research Project||47|
|Vilani Word Generation||95|
|Aslan, Vargr, Zhodani. and Droyne Word Generation||96|
|Blank Word Generation Tables||98|
Library Data Entries (Public)
- Charted Space
- Imperial Calendar
- Jump Drive
- Jump Point
- Military Unit
- Relativity Rifle
- Star System
- Technology Level (TL)
- Third Imperium
Library Data Entries (Automated)
The Referee's Companion is a core rule book for MegaTraveller.
- Additional rules for MegaTraveller campaigns. Expand the universe of MegaTraveller with more rules, background, information, and materials for the dedicated referee.
Credits (Primary Sources)
|Credits (Primary Sources)|
|Credit||Authors & Contributors|
|Design||Marc W. Miller|
|Additional Design||Frank Chadwick, Joe D. Fugate, Sr., Gary L. Thomas|
|Cover Illustration||James Holloway|
|Interior Illustrations||Jeff Dee, Liz Danforth, Tom Peters, A. C. Farley, Rob Caswell, Brian Gibson|
Commentary & Data articles:
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|