|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|ISBN 0-943580-71-4 Stock #0215|
|Table of Contents|
The Referee's Companion is a core rule book for MegaTraveller.
- Additional rules for MegaTraveller campaigns. Expand the universe of MegaTraveller with more rules, background, information, and materials for the dedicated referee.
Expand the rebellious universe of MegaTraveller with more rules, background, information, and ,materials for the dedicated referee. Materials that simply would not fit into the grand, three-volume MegaTraveller rules set have been brought together into one volume as the MegaTraveller Referee's Companion. This compendium helps provide detail to science-fiction campaigns, adds scope to MegaTraveller projects, and sparks interest in any adventure. The MegaTraveller Referee's Companion includes:
- The Alien Races: Coverage of the major alien races that travellers are bound to meet: the fierce warrior Aslan; the psionic Zhodani; the fragmented, canine Vargr; and the puzzling Droyne. Essays deal with the races' homeworlds, physical appearance and abilities, mental make-up, and interstellar territories. Coverage of their histories helps referees understand their backgrounds, making it easier to use alien individuals as non-player characters. Tables for word generation in alien languages make it possible for referees to add spice and mystery to everyday activities, and glossaries provide translations for known words in the alien languages.
- Large-Scale Combat: Rules for a simple system of converting characters into conglomerate units, resolving battles between these larger units, and reconverting the units back into individual characters. the system makes large-scale battles possible, without losing the detail of individual player characters.
- Timekeeping: A simple, direct system of tracking time for adventurers using the Imperial Calendar. Use it to make the proper date always available. Plus, details on alien timekeeping systems for when the adventure strays into foreign territory.
- Communications: Information on how starship communications systems work in the typical star system.
- In-System Operations: Details of what a starship is expected to do, and how it does it as the ship moves from jump point to a world and back again.
- Research: Coverage of the use of the Uncertain task to conduct important research into scientific, personal, or commercial ventures.
- Mapping: Map grids to help the referee design and generate any world, and present it with style as part of any adventure.
- Megacorporations: Names, ownership, and commercial interests of the 13 star-spanning Imperial megacorporations.
- technology: Details of the achievements of the standard tech levels inside the Imperium, plus information on the higher tech levels so rarely encountered.
- Robots: Information on robots, the work force for high tech Imperial worlds.
Table of Contents
Character Cards Inside front cover Introduction 5 Large-Scale Combat 6 Small Conglomerate Unit Example 16 Convert Back 17 Combat Charts 18 Conglomerate Unit Conversion Checklist 19 In-System Operations 20 In-System Travel Times 21 System Travel 22 The Activity Checklists 24 Technology 26 Technology Charts 28 Robots in the Imperium 35 Communications 38 Megacorporations 40 Keeping Time 42 The Imperial Calendar 43 Comparative Years 44 Research 46 The Research Project 47 Aliens 49 Droyne 50 Zhodani 59 Aslan 68 Vargr 74 Large-Scale Campaigns 80 Mapping 84 Sector Map 86 Subsector Grid 87 System Map 88 World Map 89 Continental Map 90 Local Map 91 Alien Languages 94 Vilani Word Generation 95 Aslan, Vargr, Zhodani. and Droyne Word Generation 96 Sounds List 97 Blank Word Generation Tables 98
Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Credits (Primary Sources)
- Marc W. Miller
- Additional Design
- Frank Chadwick, Joe D. Fugate, Sr., Gary L. Thomas
- Cover Illustration
- James Holloway
- Interior Illustrations
- Jeff Dee, Liz Danforth, Tom Peters, A. C. Farley, Rob Caswell, Brian Gibson
No information yet available.
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|