|Law Level||No law|
|Army size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||3.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||625|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Nukaush is a world suited to becoming an agricultural world, but with a population between 10,000 and 100,000 sophonts, but lacks the capability to produce or process sufficient resources to export its projected agricultural produce. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Arnakhish Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Nukaush, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and a baronet. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships. During the Long Night this world was named Shinnagekkhi.
Astrography and planetology
Surveys from space appear to give the illusion of massive ore deposits just below the surface of the planet. This was the reason for the initial colonization, but only very small deposits have ever been found.
Nukaush Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Aeie Primary Red M2 V Mass 0.4258, Luminosity: 0.375
- Mean orbital radius: 0.2AU.
- Period: 46.38 Std days.
- Diameter: 9627km.
- Mass: 1.3 terra, Heavy core, Density 1.3,
- Mean Surface Gravity: 0.975g.
- Rotation period: 36h 03m 21.3s.
- Axial Inclination: 22°9'.
- Energy Absorption: 0.830.
- Surface atmospheric pressure: 1.6 atm.
- Composition: oxygen-nitrogen mix.
- Hydrographic Percentage: 36% in four oceans and 9 seas, mostly located around the polar regions.
- Mean Surface temperature: 31.43°.
- Native Life present: classified non-intelligent.
- Total system population: 25,900
No information yet available.
It is also only one of two system in Dagudashaag Sector to have developed polymorph lifeforms, the Nukaushian Polymorph, the other being Karrana’ch (Dagudashaag 0302). Their unique gene structure has been used by one of the several family-combines that run the planet, in collaboration with Makhidkarun and SURD, to create prototype Androids. The most successful being the Grey series which are designed to be human enough for aesthetics.
It is only one of three planets in the Imperium known to have successfully transplanted the giant Rantherian Redwood from Ranther (Foreven Mowbrey). Though none have grown as large as the emperor's Yggdrasil, several have topped 230 meters in height.
History and background
- Primary Cities: Misha - 9,000, Starport B; Inferno - 12,500, starport C (restricted); Teal - Hamaran settlement, population unknown, spaceport F; Rural settlements - 4,400.
- Satellites: Seven, including rings
- World Government: non-existent. Local decision making is organized along patriarchal and guild lines. Most settlements are primarily extended families.
- Law Enforcement: restricted to the local communities which varies according to location. Limited agreement relating to certain civil and criminal laws has been agreed between the majority of the settlements.
- Population breakdown: Only Humaniti dwell within the settlements are recorded on the planetary census — 78% Humaniti, Vilani and 12% Humaniti, mixed. No record is taken of the Hamaran colonists or of those dwelling in the wilderness regions.
- Social outlook: Progressive, indifferent, competitive, neutral, harmonious, xenophilic.
References and contributors
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|