|Upag/Shallows (Dagudashaag 0111)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Shallows Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world has colonies at:
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
Upag is a major manufacturing centre for the design and production of advanced computer processing chips. The planet has received wide renown for its ability to successfully combine S'mrii and Lancian innovation and technical flair with Imperial manufacturing know-how. Several competing megacorporations have been established on Upag for centuries and each have their own independent cities and manufacturing sites under the surface of the planet. Each enclave considers itself a separate 'nation' and governs its territory accordingly.
This has resulted over the years in a great deal of tension existing between the various city-states and, as a result, industrial espionage between the various companies is rife.
Point of Interest: Virtual Retirement
Upag has a secondary claim to fame; as the retirement capital of Dagudashaag.
- Over 76% of the population are geriatrics that have retired to Upag and now 'live' a life of virtual reality· maintained 'youth', while their physical requirements are sustained by computerized life support systems.
- Such retirement is not cheap but several of the megacorporations and Dagudashaag wide companies now include retirement to Upag as part of their corporate pension package.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|