- This is a comparative value measuring economic efficiency (...comparative advantages), infrastructure (...manufacturing, shipping, warehousing facilities, etc.), labor (...highly trained or motivated working force), and resources (...availability of materials, shortened transportation times, nearby mining worlds, etc.).
- Observing Charted Space
- Universal World Profile (UWP)
- PBG Sequence
- COG Sequence
- Other System Data
The Economic Extension is abbreviated Ex and written in parentheses ((xxx +/-N)). It describes the strength of a world's economy and provides basic insights into the economy’s structure and capabilities. It is given as three eHex digits representing Resources, Labor and Infrastructure, followed by a decimal integer representing Efficiency written with a leading sign (zero is written as +0).
Economic Extension Basic Parameters
Economic Extension Parameter Explication
- (Efficiency reflects the current economic system, and includes sensible legal procedures, appropriate tariffs, customs promoting a balanced work ethic, rewards for merit, and social structures which match ability and job. Negative Efficiency is worse. Efficiency at -1 or less turn the RUs available negative: the Inefficiencies are so destructive as to make the economy a net drain. Such barriers represent a welfare state; cultural influences which do not value wealth, even physical limitations. On the other hand, since some economies have positive efficiencies: positive multipliers increasing available RU. )
- (Infrastructure is the established technical structures that support exploitation of resources. Infrastructure includes roads, power grids, communications, and factories.)
- (Labor is the workforce available for the processing and exploitation of Resources.)
- (Resources are any materials available for processing and exploitation. They include natural resources, minerals, ores, metals, energy sources, biological assets, and any other materials of limited availability.)
- (The Economic Extension (Ex) is the strength of a world economy and provides basic insights into the economy’s structure and capabilities.)
- (Resource Units approximately represent the world's budget.)
The Office of the Emperor, the Imperial Bureaucracy, the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service, the Travellers' Aid Society, the Merchant Service, the Educational Institutes, and many other interstellar organizations use this data for governance, interstellar economy, world surveys, and other necessary tasks.
Such data drives Charted Space.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science