The Second Survey was seventy years in the compilation, went to greater lengths than the First Survey, and included more world data as well as more complete astrographic data.
Scout Services statistics from the Second Imperial Survey
Note: The difference between worlds and systems comes from two counts. Systems with a distant stellar companion count as "double systems", and thus count as two worlds, but only one system. Systems where the population of a second body within the system is within 0.1% of the main world also count as "double systems", accounting for two worlds, but only one system each. With these two factors accounted for about 25% of the systems count as doubles, adding to the number of worlds within the Imperium.
History & Background (Dossier)
In addition, the expansion of the Imperium since 420 had added many new worlds that had to be included.
- 995: Second Survey initiated.
- 1065: Second Survey completed.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Supplement 11: Library Data (N-Z)
- Periodical: Classic Traveller Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 10
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science