|Asena/Promise (Diaspora 3022)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Hard Times (1130)|| |
|New Era (1200)|| |
Asena is a pre-agricultural, moderate population world with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size.
- Its economy and population are growing and living conditions are expected to slowly improve barring outside forces.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Promise Subsector of Diaspora Sector in the Domain of Sol.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Asena Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Asena Primary Orange K7 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Asena has for centuries maintained a rigid social structure, stratified by age. This gerontocracy is advantageous to many Asenans, but stifles off-world trade. While hard-liners refuse to soften Asena's traditions, Asenan liberals agitate for at least moderation in the property and exchange laws to attract much-needed trade.
- Although the war spared the people of Asena, internal disputes have caused widespread destruction. These disputes involve economic imbalances, military suspicions, and most destructive of all, disagreements over cultural matters.
- The conflict heated up recently with the arrival of ex-Duke Starkar Beres, formerly the subsector Duke until stripped of his title in 1122 by Lucan. Beres has gathered a following which includes troops from the Union of Sufren and Skerrit Adan's regulars. With these crack units spearheading his forces, Beres has returned to Asena, his homeworld, to begin a bid for control of the subsector. He is also thought to have allies in the Solomani Reform movement.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the estate of an Imperial baronet.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial viscount.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|