Solomani Autonomous Region
- The Solomani Autonomous Region is an area within the Imperium that had been granted self-government through a charter from Empress Margaret I in 704.
The charter granted control of the region of space within a radius of 50 parsecs of Terra to a Solomani governing body, which was given broad powers of authority. Because of the shape of the region it was alternately know as the Solomani Sphere or the Solomani Autonomous Sphere.
History & Background (Dossier)
For two hundred years, the Imperium effectively ignored the region, concentrating instead on its coreward frontiers.
Solomani & Empress Margaret II
By 940, Solomani oppression of non-human (and non-Solomani) worlds forced Empress Margaret II to revoke the region's charter. After years of diplomatic actions proved fruitless, it was decided to forcibly reintegrate the region into the Imperium. Naturally, the Solomani resisted, and the Solomani Rim War (990 to 1002) began.
- By the end of the war, the Imperium had taken a large slice from the Solomani Sphere, including Terra, but had failed to conquer the entire region.
New Capitol at Aldebaran
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
No information yet available.
World Listing: 1116
The following systems and worlds can be found within this entity:
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Supplement 11 Library Data (N-Z)
- MegaTraveller Imperial Encyclopedia
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science