Tukera Lines is a major interstellar transport company with service to virtually every important world in the Imperium. The keyword is “important:” Tukera ignores the backwater worlds and their low profit routes.
- 1 Description (Portfolio)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References and contributors
Tukera Lines is one of the thirteen Imperial MegaCorporations in operation in 1116.
- Interstellar Shipping & Trade
Tukera Lines operates a vast fleet of passenger and freight vessels throughout the Imperium, following the X-Boat lines.
In some subsectors (particularly the older, more established regions of the Imperium) Tukera Lines has a virtual monopoly on long-distance shipping and travel.
Governance & Organization
Tukera's intelligence services, the Vemene, are feared for their ruthlessness by both citizens and the corporation's employees.
Stock ownership (1116):
- Tukera family — 29%
- Imperial family — 3%
- Sternmetal Horizons— 2%
- SuSAG— 5%
- General Products— 2%
- Private ownership— 31%
- Investment trusts— 28%
Tukera has a habit of setting up subsector-sized subsidiaries to provide feeder service.
Some of those companies include:
History & Background (Dossier)
The oldest record of the firm is a charter from the government of the Sylean Federation, but family tradition holds the company to be several centuries older.
Rebellion (Non-canon) The Tukera family and its holdings support Duchess Margaret's bid for the Iridium Throne.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
No information yet available.
World Listing: 1105
This business entity is known to have a significant presence on the following systems and worlds:
References and contributors
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Adventure 3: Twilight's Peak
- John Harshman, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. Library Data (A-M) (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), 43.
- Marc Miller. The Traveller Book (Game Designers Workshop, 1982), 153.
- Frank Chadwick, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. The Traveller Adventure (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), 20,135,144.
- Marc Miller. Referee's Companion (Game Designers Workshop, 1988), 41.
- Greg Videll. Arrival Vengeance (Game Designers Workshop, 1992), 13-15.
- Citation Missing - MegaTraveller Journal 03
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 17.
- Jae Campbell. Encyclopaedia Dagudashaag (Signal-GK, 2017), 347.
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science