|Xiwa/Concord (Solomani Rim 2408)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Xiwa is a nonindustrial vacuum world, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- This dangerous world is designated an Amber Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions make it dangerous to visitors.
- This is a frozen world, with a climate of extremely low temperatures.
- This world toils under the control of a military government with conditions reflecting that situation including curtailed civil rights and limited freedoms.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Concord Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
Xiwa is a small, very cold vacuum world orbiting a dim red star.
2408 Xiwa (Imperial) - Amber Zone
Starport: Class III.
Diameter: 2,900 miles (4,600 km). Gravity: 0.20g.
Climate: Very Cold.
Government: Military Rule.
Control Level: 5.
Tech Level: 9.
World Trade Number: 3.5.
History & Background (Dossier)
A virulent civil war following the Solomani Rim War escalated into a devastating nuclear war. Most city domes were breached and over 80% of the population perished before the Imperial Marines could intervene. Its old governmental apparatus was shattered. Most of the remaining population lives in small settlements far from the old cities. Accordingly, Xiwa is under Imperial military rule and has been issued an Amber Zone travel advisory.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|