|Sarpedon/Capella (Solomani Rim 1533)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||K1 V D M4 V|
Sarpedon is a non-agricultural, preindustrial, and moderate population icy world with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population.
- Its surface is ice-capped with little or no atmosphere and nearly all of its water frozen.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It is a world working toward being an industrial powerhouse but lacks an adequate workforce to do so. It must now import many of its manufactured and high tech goods.
- This is a cold world with an overall climate is at the lower temperature range of human-congruous sophont endurance.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- This world toils under the control of a military government with conditions reflecting that situation including curtailed civil rights and limited freedoms.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Capella Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- It is the only world in the subsector that is not part of the Solomani Confederation.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Trinary Solar System
Sarpedon Trinary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Sarpedon Primary Primary Orange K1 V 40 Eridani A ("Keid") Sarpedon Companion Secondary White Dwarf D 40 Eridani B Sarpedon Far Companion Tertiary Red M4 V 40 Eridani C ("DY Eridani")
1533 Sarpedon (Imperial)
Starport: Class V - Naval Base.
Diameter: 3,000 miles (4,800 km). Gravity: 0.24g.
Atmosphere: Trace oxygen-nitrogen.
Population: 620 million.
Government: Military Rule.
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 10.
World Trade Number: 5.
History & Background (Dossier)
Non Canon: There are several deep, meson gun sites. These use massive imported TL-15 factor T meson guns. Hidden deep in the planet's crust these guns are largely automated. Only maintenance crews venture down to the weapon levels. Each noble's estate and defensive fortifications include nuclear damper and meson screens. Each lord has control of their own defensive anti-shipping batteries. Active duty technicians from the fleet, proficient in the maintenance of these advanced weapons, are on loan from the services. Local retainers run the fire control and targeting. Merchant traffic is strongly encouraged not to annoy local traffic control as this can result in sudden devastating consequences. Each lord maintains their own zone of control. They also have individual squadrons of system defense boats with unique logos and heraldry. These fall under a unified system defense command. In practice there is some rivalry, fierce loyalty and pride associated with the different royal houses. Rapid launch and recovery facilities are hidden in ice crevasses. The sensors are remotely deployed to isolated outposts. The fire control network is more centralized. Orbital assets further augment the security array. Trans-border operations are often staged from here. Units rotate here for exercises ghosting Solomani ships and running surveillance on Solomani squadrons. Units from the 115th Fleet stationed in the Dingir Subsector often host these training operations and tactical exercises. Local units always endeavor to make the units stationed farther from the frontier, look bad to teach them a lesson.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial marquis.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial viscount.