|No. of Stars||20|
|Majority Control||Imperium - 100%|
|Map Key||Map Key|
No information or synopsis yet available.
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors (Sources)
The Arcturus Subsector is defended by 114th Fleet.
Subsector Summary: 1116
Arcturus, subsector L of Solomani Rim has 20 worlds, of which 17 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the subsector is 14 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are five High population (Hi) worlds, six Moderate population (Ph) worlds, one Non-industrial (Ni) world, four Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. There are no Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus one Pre-Agricultural (Pa) world, and one Non-Agricultural (Na) world. There are two Rich (Ri) worlds versus one Industrial (In) world. There is one Asteroid (As) belt, no Desert (De) worlds, one Garden (Ga) world, no Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, four Poor (Po) worlds, one Vacuum (Va) world, and two Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are three Naval bases in the subsector, no Scout bases, and one Way station. In Arcturus there is one race homeworld. The Imperial nobility includes 20 Knights, three Baronets, two Barons, three Marquises, six Viscounts, five Counts, one Duke, and one Subsector Duke. The highest population world is Kurland (Solomani Rim 3029). The highest tech level is E at Scandia (Solomani Rim 2628), Anenerkuk (Solomani Rim 2723), and Kurland (Solomani Rim 3029). The average technology level is 11 (with most between 8 and 13).
World Listing: 1116
The following systems and worlds can be found within this area:
Astrographic Features & Trade Routes: 1116
The following astrographic features and trade routes can be found within this area:
History & Background (Dossier)
- Cymbeline is a massive planet with a paradoxically thin atmosphere. Because of the world's high gravity, the breathable portion of the atmosphere is concentrated in low-lying areas at or near sea level. Much of the population lives in sub-sea level depressions. The air at higher elevations is too thin to support human life.
- Thorwald is the home of an unusual plant-like life form: the Leyden Tree. Internal secretions form a metal central core for that acts like a lightning rod. When lightning strikes, the charge is deflected through a network of filaments to cellular capacitors which use the electricity to convert organic molecules from low to high energy forms as a supplement to photosynthesis. An electrical storm over a Leyden forest is a spectacular sight, although best viewed from a distance.
Polity Listing: 1116
The following polities can be found within this subsector:
- Independent Powers
- Non-Aligned Powers (World-States)
- Other Powers
Native Sophonts: 1116
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated in this area:
- Terragens (Non-human Terran races)
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
- Terragens (Non-human Terran races)
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this subsector:
- No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This page has a world list.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Alien Module 6: Solomani
- Classic Traveller The Solomani Rim (Supplement 10)
- Periodical: Traveller: The New Era Traveller Chronicle 10
- GURPS Traveller: Rim of Fire: The Solomani Rim Sourcebook
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science