Thalassa (SR 0833) (world)
|Thalassa/Jardin (Solomani Rim 0833)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Thalassa (SR 0833) is a rich water world with its surface 90% or more covered in an ocean of water.
- The inhabitants of this world live on the roughly 10% of exposed land mass, in underwater colonies, on city ships, or similar arrangements.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- This world has high-grade living conditions with a good climate and a non-harmful environment. As such, this world is much sought after with large queues for immigration here.
- Most observers think that the planet's economy and population will prosper in the near future barring outside forces.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Jardin Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The planet is approximately 700 million years old and at the time of contact had only recently developed basic multicellular life.
- Thalassa became one of the first three Terran outposts in the subsector, but suffered an ecological catastrophe caused by contact with Terran lifeforms.
Thalassa (SR 0833) Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Thalassa (SR 0833) Primary Primary Red M1 V
0833 Thalassa (Solomani)
Starport: Class V.
Diameter: 4,300 miles (6,900 km). Gravity: 0.76g.
Atmosphere: Dense oxygen-nitrogen.
Population: 28 million.
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 11.
World Trade Number: 5.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system is a member of the Solomani Confederation.
- Thalassa was first surveyed during the Interstellar Wars period by the Terran exploratory ship Argo on one of the initial missions into Jardin.