|Ptolemy/Jardin (Solomani Rim 0639)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||M1 V M0 V|
Ptolemy is a poor, nonindustrial world.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- This world has few prospects for economic development.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Jardin Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Ptolemy Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Ptolemy Primary Primary Red M1 V Ptolemy Companion Secondary Red M0 V
0639 Ptolemy (Solomani)
Starport: Class IV.
Diameter: 5,000 miles (8,000 km). Gravity: 0.52g.
Atmosphere: Thin, tainted oxygen-nitrogen.
Population: 8.4 million.
Control Level: 4.
Tech Level: 10.
World Trade Number: 4.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system is a member of the Solomani Confederation.
Ptolemaic society is secretive and insular; the government is said to have imperialist ambitions. Agents from Ptolemy may have been behind the abortive coup that destabilized the government of nearby Arisia (Solomani Rim 0640) in 1058, which led directly to Ptolemy coming to hold Arisia as a protectorate.
- Meanwhile, Ptolemy is also suspected of harboring pirates that have been recently active in the subsector. If this is true, the Ptolemaics must have excellent security; the Confederation navy would presumably have acted by now if they possessed clear evidence.
Point of Interest: Mysterious Desert Cities
A century ago prospectors discovered ruins of two cities deeply buried under the equatorial desert sands. Initially believed to be of Vilani origin they have been dated back 50,000 years making them too young to be of Ancient origin yet too old to be Vilani.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is incomplete meaning it lacks important features, structure, or content. More work needs to be done to make this a good article. This is step 4. in the article refinement process.