|Santorini/Kukulkan (Solomani Rim 2938)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Santorini is a rich world with a moderate population over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size.
- This world has high-grade living conditions with a good climate and a non-harmful environment. As such, this world is much sought after with large queues for immigration here.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- Most observers think that the planet's economy and population will prosper in the near future barring outside forces.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Kukulkan Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector.
Santorini is a tide-locked world, habitable because its atmosphere is thick enough to allow the night face to be heated by circulation effects. Most of the planet’s day face is covered by ocean, although one small continent and a thick scattering of islands fall in a particularly pleasant climate zone that is densely populated.
2938 Santorini (Solomani)
Starport: Class V.
Diameter: 6,300 miles (10,100 km). Gravity: 0.89g.
Atmosphere: Dense oxygen-nitrogen.
Population: 340 million.
Control Level: 4.
Tech Level: 10.
World Trade Number: 5.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system is a member of the Solomani Confederation.
Santorini was settled about 350 by members of a Terran splinter cultural group, the Chalice Sisterhood, which emulated Terra’s ancient Minoan culture. Santorini is governed by a hereditary aristocracy, with each noble family dominated by a tightly knit group of women with religious educations.