- 1 DF Notes (2017)
- 2 General Fringe Notes (2017)
- 3 Old High Anglic (2017)
- 4 Animal-Creature Templates (2017)
- 5 Quaternary (four star) star system? (2017)
DF Notes (2017)
DF Astrography (Astrophysical or Sociographic)
RIFTS, VOIDS, etc.
- Beyond The Fringe
- Border Rifts
- Demon’s Eye Rift AKA Socket
- Great Void
- Moat Rifts
- The Rift
- Shadow Rifts
- Afkhar Cluster
- Alasim Cluster
- Bright Peninsula
- Cudin Cluster
- Distant Fringe proper
- Demon Cluster
- Entremis Bloom
- Hak'tha Spread
- K’shek cluster
- Nist Cluster
- Pador-Aredian Cluster
- Pel Avena cluster
- Sha’a Cluster
- Sithula Sprawl
- Ten Suns of the Yimi
- Utt Cluster
TRACES AND SPURS
- Sath Waypoint
- Nabile Deep Space Fuel Cache
- Orowani Deep Space Fuel Cache
- Star Lane
- Client States AKA ANMaN Worlds
- Dependent Worlds
- Distant Fringe proper
- Esaran Cultural Area
- Hell Worlds
- Liberated Stars
- Occupied Territories
- Redoubt Program
- Rissa Gateway
- Abbot to Aether
- Barren Worlds
- Desolate Path
- Last Depot
- Lon Beon
- Lost Settlements
- Seven Colonies
- The Bridge
- Batha Beast
- Greyhump Camel - pretty much complete.
- Horvath's Pony - pretty much complete.
- Verant - pretty much complete.
DF Events & History
- Pre-Humaniti Era
Scybrian Wars Expanded
- Corolian Border Wars (5244AD–5266AD)
- Haden Insurgency (5249AD–5292AD)
- Short Peace (5266AD–5282AD)
- Nist War (5282AD–5290AD)
- Long Peace (5290AD–5323AD)
- Scybrian Hidden War (5314AD–5335AD)
- Rimward Campaigns (5321AD–5335AD)
- First Rissa War (5323AD–5335AD)
- False Peace (5335AD–5342AD)
- The Invasion (5342AD–5349AD)
- Occupation (5349AD–5373AD)
- Salatho Uprising (5345AD–5354AD)
- Rissa Armistice 5349AD–5360AD
- Second Rissa War (5360AD–5365AD)
- Forced Peace (5365AD–5373AD)
- War of Corolian Liberation (5373AD–5387AD)
- The Grand Campaign (5376AD–5388AD)
- Siege of Scybria (5388AD–1589AD)
- Rissa Accords (5389AD)
The End of the Wars
DF Factions & Organizations
- Arvanites AKA Sedist Movement
- Bright Expansion
- University of Selasia
- University of Tal Varisa
- Association of the Star
- Development Organization
- Dissident Fleet
- New Frontiers
- Outworld Development
- Rimward Opportunities
- Tal Varisan Development
- Sed Arvan
- Emil Horvath
- Julia Langstrom
- Elisha Mantle
- The Technocrat
- Verminac family
- Willem Aloysius Bright
DF Polities AKA States
- Collective of Nist
- Corolian Jurisdicture
- The Corporation
- The Empire
- First Confederation
- Grand Ascendency
- Halcyonic New Republic
- The Haven
- League of Krayal
- Padoran Assembly
- Pel Avena Directorate
- Scybrian Polyarchy
- Second Confederation
- Third Confederation
- Valen Trade Protectorate
- Bright Conclave
- Greater Associations of Worlds AKA Enlightened
- High Senate
- The Last Line
- Rimward Federation
- Sath Alliance SaAl
- The Retreat
- Unity of Sed
- Yimin Jiti
- Worlds of The Leader
DF Sectors and Subsectors
- Abyss Sector
- Bourne Sector
- Nabile Subsector Subsector N.
- Chasm Sector
- Course Sector
- Deep Sector
- Hak'tha Subsector Subsector A.
- Divide Sector
- Extent Sector
- Fallow Sector
- Far Home Sector
- Annistu Subsector. Subsector M.
- Aredian Subsector. Subsector L.
- Arodir Subsector. Subsector C.
- Demon's Eye Subsector. Subsector J.
- Esqua Subsector. Subsector B.
- Foralin Subsector. Subsector N.
- Genesti Subsector. Subsector A.
- Irikusk Subsector. Subsector I.
- Natar Subsector. Subsector E.
- Nisor Subsector. Subsector H.
- Orret Subsector. Subsector K.
- Ras Tennol Subsector. Subsector G.
- Sarudis Subsector. Subsector O.
- Sath Subsector. Subsector P.
- Velous Subsector. Subsector F.
- Xelan Subsector. Subsector D.
- Gulf Sector
- Halcyon Sector
- Abidal Subsector Subsector H.
- Alasim Subsector Subsector M.
- Baradis Subsector Subsector P.
- Cradle Subsector Subsector B.
- Farian Subsector Subsector E.
- Frell Subsector Subsector D.
- Jerik Subsector Subsector I.
- Loran Subsector Subsector G.
- Murada Subsector Subsector A.
- Orowan Subsector Subsector O.
- Paradise Subsector Subsector L.
- Sena Subsector Subsector J.
- Stanter Subsector Subsector C.
- Tsorva Subsector Subsector F.
- Utt Subsector Subsector N.
- Veesene Subsector Subsector K.
- Shadow Rift Sector
- Brink Subsector Subsector P.
DF Technology, Economy & Goods
- Business Sectors
- Agriculture, Food, and Luxuries
- Banking, Insurance, and Legal
- Consumer goods, Manufacturing, Heavy Industry, and Aerospace
- Defense, Electronics, Communications, and Robotics
- Media, Leisure, and Tourism
- Mining, Refining, and Industrial Chemistry
- Pharmaceuticals, Health, and Education
- Transport and Logistics
- Utilities, Waste, and Energy
- Conventional Pattern Starships
- DeVoss Drive
- GenPods AKA Artificial Gestation Units
- Jump-2 Barrier
- Langstrom Drive
- Long-Range Pattern Starships
- Technology of The Distant Fringe
- X-Range Starships
GOODS AND SERVICES
General Fringe Notes (2017)
- Halcyon Sector -18, -13,
- Far Home Sector -17, -13
- It is customary to sign your posts with four tildes, the upper left key of the keyboard.
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 04:53, 20 June 2017 (EDT)
Thank you for the heads up. Like this?
Completed the list of major languages spoken in the Distant Fringe. Hadn't realised I was missing Coran, shall get it done.
Thank you for the subsector template - it has now been implemented for all of the named subsectors within the Distant Fringe. Out of curiosity, why aren't the subsector maps centered in the map display window? They're showing the last column of hexes of the subsector to spinward and missing their trailing columns of hexes.
- Welcome. That comes from programming settings to my knowledge. Try asking Thomas nicely to help you with that and it will probably happen.
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 10:07, 4 July 2017 (EDT)
Shall so, cheers. Done some minor rearranging in the list, above, to better help me find stuff I want to work on and to keep it organised.
- Beautiful. I hope that the design tools are working for you.
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 11:08, 7 July 2017 (EDT)
- The subsector maps are fixed (centered) and look great, many thanks to Thomas.
- Alagoric (talk) 05:54, 8 July 2017 (EDT)
Old High Anglic (2017)
- Maksim - been thinking about what you said about Anglic being an existing reference - I think my best solution is to link all references to the root language Old High Anglic instead of Anglic - an easy fix, ties in, and I kinda like the sound of it too. Hope that's ok.
- - Alagoric (talk) 10:42, 5 July 2017 (EDT)
- Well, there is already an Old High Anglic in OTU canon, but let's run with it and make it work.
- If the other Old High Anglic ever gets created, I suppose that we will discover a Fringian dialect...
- Getting away from basic and generic naming schema would be a good idea.
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 11:06, 7 July 2017 (EDT)
Understood. Been holding off til I went thru it a bit more thoroughly and got your wisdom too. Gotta say, "Fringian" is growing on me.
Old Terran Anglic (Prime Anglic). Fleet Anglic perhaps - a tie-in to the OTU Interstellar Wars background of the use of english in the Terran Confederation navy and a nice origins tie-in for Teramil. Just kicking the can around a bit...
Animal-Creature Templates (2017)
- Also, thanks for the Animal template for Batha Beasts - I finally get the gist of T5 beastie definitions and descriptions and having the template to work off of really helped. A few more creatures to come now that I understand how it works a bit better, just got to find where I saved the write-ups...
- - Alagoric (talk) 10:42, 5 July 2017 (EDT)
- There are a number of templates: Template:Animal simple
- I recommend exploring them and the Manual of Style. I still think of them all as works in progress.
- I also recommend asking Thomas about his preferences for creature design and documentation. He is very accomplished.
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 10:57, 7 July 2017 (EDT)
Thankyou, shall do.
Quaternary (four star) star system? (2017)
Is there a template for a Quaternary (four star) star system?
- T5 very occasionally generates systems with four stars. My own Ras Tennol system (located in hex 2315 of Far Home Sector (-13 / -17)) is an example: it contains an M3 III orbited by a D type companion, and a separate M4 V companion that has its own D type companion. Many thanks
- Alagoric (talk) 17:03, 5 July 2017 (EDT)
- Yes. All here: Maksim-Smelchak/layout templates1
- There are templates for 1 to 4 stars. And categories for 1 to 6 stars.
- Anything larger than 4 is sufficiently rare that it hasn't been programmed yet. Will help you with that if you ever want it.
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 15:55, 6 July 2017 (EDT)
|1 star (No Link yet)||Template:MonostellarSystem
||2/3 to 3/4 or more of systems.|
|2 stars (Binary Star System)||Template:BinaryStarSystem||1/4 to 1/3 or more of systems.|
|3 stars (Trinary Star System)||Template:TrinaryStarSystem||Typically less than 10% of systems.|
|4 stars (Quaternary Star System)||Template:QuaternaryStarSystem||Typically less than 1% of systems.|
|5 stars (No Link yet)||No template||Typically less than 0.1% of systems.|
|6 stars (No Link yet)||No template||Typically less than 0.01% of systems.|
Absolutely splendid, thank you