Shadow Rift Sector
|Shadow Rift Sector|
|No. of Worlds||124|
|Majority Control||Unexplored (NaXX) - 78%|
|Secondary Control||Bone Worlds (BoWo) - 9%|
|Tertiary Control||Dominion of Ruins (DoRu) - 9%|
|Quaternary Control||Non-aligned (NaHu) - 4%|
|Imperial Coordinate||54 / -27|
|This sector has sector data|
- It is part of Uncharted Space.
- 1 Meta-History & Background: 2019-0708
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
- 5 Trade Routes (Physical & Socioeconomic Astrography)
- 6 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 7 References & Contributors (Sources)
Meta-History & Background: 2019-0708
- It appears on Traveller Map.
- It does not yet appear in published products.
A sector lying to coreward of the Distant Fringe proper and characterised by the so-called Moat Rifts. The positions and types of its stars have been cataloged as part of the University of Tal Varisa Deep Sky Program.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Shadow Rift Sector Names|
|Third Imperium||—||Third Imperium|
|Droyne||—||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|K'kree||—||Two Thousand Worlds|
Linguistic Topography: 1105
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
- Humaniti (Human races)
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
- Non-Human Races
Sector Sophont Demographics Table
The rimward part of Shadow Rift Sector is a part of the Distant Fringe and has a long and rich history. Only limited information is available regarding the coreward regions of the Sector. Much of what is known comes from the Jannasta Expedition of the mid-55th century.
- Pre-Humaniti Era: unknown. Possible Slaver and Voyagers activity.
- Founding Era: Shadow Rift Sector is named. Human settlement of the Intersect Cluster.
- Dark Age: the rise of petty polities in the coreward part of the Sector. The Voyagers were active in the rimward part of the Sector.
- Expansion Era: the end of the local polities.
- Early Modern Era: unaffected.
- Post-War Era: the Jannasta Expedition explores the Intersect Cluster.
- Present Day: data for Shadow Rift Sector is published in the DSP Listing.
Major Historical Events
Some of the important historical events that have affected Shadow Rift Sector include:
- 2255AD Shadow Rift Sector officially named. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels the Last Armada.
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
Shadow Rift Sector is a frontier region. Many of its systems have never been explored.
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) are found within Shadow Rift Sector:
- Humaniti (Human races)
No native sophont species are known to exist within Shadow Rift Sector, at least not on the rimward side of the Moat Rifts. There may be as-yet unknown native sophonts among the unnamed systems to coreward.
The following languages are among the most commonly spoken within the rimward part of Shadow Rift sector:
- Fleet Anglic. Properly, it is called Old High Anglic. The language of the First Confederation and the Last Armada. It is no longer widely spoken outside of academic circles but is the root tongue of a number of other languages:
- Orometi. The language of the Protectorate of Leset and the Worlds of The Leader, the language the Empire and a common language throughout the coreward-spinward quadrant of Far Home Sector. It is derived from Bengali and other south asian languages of old Terra.
No polities currently exist within (or make a claim on any part of) Shadow Rift Sector.
- Two defunct polities (the Dominion of Ruins and the Bone Worlds) occupied the coreward-trailing quadrant of the Sector. Both came to an abrupt end during the 49th century.
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 105 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Shadow Rift Sector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying around 20 parsecs to rimward, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Shadow Rift Sector.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
No information yet available.
- Wastes Subsector Subsector C of Shadow Rift Sector.
- Abandon Subsector Subsector D of Shadow Rift Sector.
- Forsaken Subsector Subsector H of Shadow Rift Sector.
- Brink Subsector Subsector O of Shadow Rift Sector.
The following systems and worlds can be found within this area:
|This article has a secret.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|