|No. of Worlds||133|
|Majority Control||Unexplored (NaXX) - 91%|
|Secondary Control||Non-aligned (NaHu) - 8%|
|Tertiary Control||Sath Exploration (SaXX) - 1%|
|Gross Sector Product||BCrTBD|
|Imperial Coordinate||55 / -28|
|This sector has sector data|
- It is part of Uncharted Space.
- 1 Meta-History & Background: 2019-0708
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
- 5 Trade Routes (Physical & Socioeconomic Astrography)
- 6 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 7 References & Contributors (Sources)
Meta-History & Background: 2019-0708
- It appears on Traveller Map.
- It does not yet appear in published products.
A sector located to trailing of the Distant Fringe proper. It is divided by the Moat Rifts, which run coreward-rimward through the center of the sector and join the Great Void. The settled spinward edge of Course Sector is a part of the Demon Cluster, the Distant Fringe: the rest of the sector is largely unexplored wilderness. The positions and types of its stars have been cataloged as part of the University of Tal Varisa Deep Sky Program.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Course Sector Names|
|Third Imperium||TBD||Third Imperium|
|Droyne||TBD||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|K'kree||TBD||Two Thousand Worlds|
Linguistic Topography: 1105
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Non-Human Races
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
- Non-Human Races
Sector Sophont Demographics Table
The settled regions of Course Sector have a long and rich history. Very little information about its unexplored parts is available.
- Pre-Humaniti Era: Largely unknown. Possible Slaver and Voyagers activity.
- Founding Era: Course Sector is named. Settlement within the spinward edge of the Sector.
- Dark Age: The Voyagers devastate settled areas of the Sector.
- Expansion Era: Isolated survivor worlds are recontacted.
- Early Modern Era: The Scybrian Wars rage to spinward.
- Post-War Era: Continued growth and expansion.
- Present Day: Data for Course Sector is published in the DSP Listing. The Sath expand to rimward-trailing.
Major Historical Events
Some of the important historical events that have affected Course sector include:
- 2255AD: Course Sector officially named. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels the Last Armada.
- 3730AD: Voyagers arrive and devastate the settled regions of the Sector. The Dark Age begins.
- 4549AD: The Voyagers depart. The Renaissance period begins and survivor worlds are recontacted.
- ca 5145AD The Sath launch STL probes towards the Aasa'tha Cluster from the Sshkih system in Far Home Sector.
- ca 5320AD Sath STL probes pass through the Aasa'tha Cluster.
- 5550AD: The Sath achieve a domestic Tech Level of 11.
- 5560AD: Sath long-range scouting vessels cross into the Aasa'tha Cluster.
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
No polities exist within Course Sector.
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) are found within Course Sector:
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Other Non-Human Races:
The following languages are among the most commonly spoken within Course sector:
- Fleet Anglic. Properly, it is called Old High Anglic. The language of the First Confederation and the Last Armada. It is no longer widely spoken outside of academic circles but is the root tongue of a number of other languages:
- Orometi. The language of the Protectorate of Leset and the Worlds of The Leader, the language the Empire and a common language throughout the coreward-spinward quadrant of Far Home Sector. It is derived from Bengali and other south asian languages of old Terra.
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
- The Moat Rifts.
Other Astrographic Features
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 80 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Course Sector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying around 20 parsecs to spinward, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Course Sector.
A single Star Lane lies within the sector:
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
No information yet available.
The following subsectors can be found within this sector:
- Ragol Subsector: Subsector A.
- Sandazar Subsector: Subsector I.
- As'Kaa Subsector: Subsector M.
- Aasa'tha Subsector: Subsector N.
The following systems and worlds can be found within this area:
|This article has a secret.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|