|Homeworld location||Dal Hallen (Far Home 1428)|
|Primary Star||M0 V|
|Reference||Adie Alegoric Stewart from Distant Fringe|
|Also see||Distant Fringe|
No information yet available.
Rough terrain flyer
Temperate climate atmosphere-breather
Asymetrical HBS-T-WW-WL-P (upper and lower paired wings, tripod legs, proboscis mounting manipulators)
Cartilage interior, Lymph fluids, Skin exterior, No weapons, Tentacles.
- V-14-INA. Quemm see IR-NearIR-Aglow, in the infra-red spectrum. Their visual capabilities are similar to humans.
- H-18-8-3-8-3. Quemm aural perception is slightly superior to that of humans. They can hear sounds at frequencies from about 20 Hz to 32,000 Hz.
- S-12-3. Quemm have a good sense of smell, slightly superior to that of humans.
- T-10-2. The Quemm's skin and their manipulator-tentacles are slightly more sensitive to pressure than humans.
- A-06-2. An innate sense of the bio-electrical fields of organic life.
- P-0. Oblivious.
A baseline Quemm has the following characteristic ranges:
- Strength 1D
- Agility 3D
- Stamina 2D
- Intelligence 2D
- Education 2D
- Charisma 2D
EAB (Egg Donor, Activator, Bearer)
- 0 Infant (Whelp): 2 years.
- 1 Child: 6 years.
- 2 Teen: 14 years.
- Career starts at age 14.
- 3 Young adult: 2 terms (8 years).
- 4 Adult: 2 terms (8 years).
- 5 Peak: 5 terms (20 years). Physical aging begins (50+ years).
- 6 Midlife: 1 terms (4 years).
- 7 Senior: 1 terms (4 years).
- 8 Elder: 1 terms (4 years).
- 9 Retirement: 2 terms (8 years). Mental aging begins (70+ years).
Diet and Trophics
Preference for small game.
Psychology & Philosophy
No information yet available.
Philosophy: Pragmatism; whatever works (not what’s right). Let’s get results.
Theology: Individualism, libertarianism, capitalism, non-religious self law. I’m God. I make the law. I’m in it for me. What I know for sure is that there are things I want, and I’m going to get them. What’s in it for me? Humanitarianism and philanthropy are completely out.
Psychology: Existentialism – analysis of individual existence in an unfathomable universe, and the plight of the individual who must assume ultimate responsibility for their acts of free will without any certain knowledge of what is right or wrong or good or bad.
Society & Culture
- Homogenity: 7 (Discordant)
- Acceptance: B (Extremely friendly)
- Strangeness: 2
- Symbols: B
The primary means of communication is through vocalisation.
Many languages and dialects exist.
- ca 350,000BCE Proto-Quemm emerge on their homeworld.
- The primal ancestors of the Quemm spread across the bright face of their planet, moving into environments very different to that in which they evolved.
- ca 2900AD: first official Quemm-human contact.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science