|No. of Stars||4|
|Majority Control||Sath Exploration (SaXX) - 100%|
- 1 Description / Specifications
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 History & Background
- 5 References & Contributors / Sources
Description / Specifications
Hak'tha Subsector lies almost entirely within the Great Void, lying within a broad astrographic region known as the Crown of the Void. The four systems that lie within it form part of the Hak'tha Spread.
The following astrographic features can be found within this area:
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- The Cauldron Nebula, lying within Cauldron Sector, some 74 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be seen as a star-studded luminous region in night-time skies from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 130 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star lying approximately 28 parsecs to spinward-coreward at its closest point, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector even in daylight.
No information yet available.
Population: 3000 Sophonts.
The following languages are the most commonly spoken within Ikhasha Subsector:
The worlds of the Subsector are claimed by the Sath. The region has been surveyed as a part of the Sath Exploration Program (SaXX) and is under the jurisdiction of the Shikh’aa Faction of the Sath Alliance.
History & Background
The first sophonts known to be active within the Subsector were the human crew of the Meronatha Swann, a vessel that misjumped into the Subsector, possibly into hex 0303 or hex 0402, during the 36th century. The fate of the crew remains unknown. Hak'tha Subsector remained unexplored until Sath STL probes travelled through its systems during the late 53rd century. Its systems next saw sophont visitors during the Voyage of the Hiishiiha in 5338AD. By around 5550AD the Sath technological base advanced to the point where they are able to produce their own jump-2 drives: soon afterwards long-range vessels were travelling into the worlds of the Hak'tha Spread.
Major Historical Events Timeline:
Some of the important historical events that have affected Hak'tha Subsector include:
- 2255AD Hak'tha Subsector named as Fragments Subsector. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels the Last Armada.
- ca 3550AD Meronatha Swann misjumps into the subsector, possibly into hex 0303 or hex 0402.
- ca 4700AD The Sath rename Fragments Subsector, calling it Hak'tha Subsector.
- ca 5140AD The Sath launch STL probes towards the Hak'tha Subsector from the Sshkih system in Far Home Sector.
- ca 5270AD Sath STL probes pass through the Hak'tha Spread.
- 5338AD The Voyage of the Hiishiiha.
- 5390AD The name "Hak'tha Subsector" is officially recognised by the Rissa Accords.
- ca 5550AD: The Sath technological base advances to the point where they are able to produce their own jump-2 drives.
- 5558AD Sath jump-2-capable scouting vessels cross into Hak'tha Subsector using a pre-positioned deep space cache of fuel and supplies that will eventually become the Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint.
- 5590AD Construction of a permanent space station begins at the Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint.
- 5594AD The first permanent settlement is founded in the sector at Chiik.
- 5599AD: Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint becomes operational.
- 5600AD: Data for Hak'tha Subsector is published in the DSP Listing.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|