GURPS Traveller: Alien Races 3
|Alien Races 3|
Hiver, Dryone, Ancients and other enigmatic races.
|Author||Dave Nilsen, David L. Pulver, Andy Slack, David Thomas|
|Publisher||Steve Jackson Games|
|ISBN 1-55634-431-7 Stock #6608|
- It is a sophont source book written for GURPS Traveller.
The Hivers should worry you...
Openly cooperative, apparently pacifistic, reportedly cowardly, the starfish-shaped Hivers don't seem to be empire-building material - but they hold one in a secure grip. They won the only interstellar war they've fought after losing every battle, but with this most alien of the major races, looks almost always deceive. Inscrutable, patient, and subtle, the Hivers puzzle their neighbours more than they worry them. It should be the other way around.
The Droyne should awe you ...
An insectoid race scattered across the Imperium like so many gypsies, the seemingly insignificant Droyne often fall beneath the notice of Humaniti ... and most Humans are foolish enough to think that's their own choice. A series of puzzles in their history and culture suggests that huge secrets lurk behind the compound eyes of these tiny sentients ... and that the most awesome of the major races may come in the smallest package.
Ancient answers await!
Alien races 3 offers an expose on the Ancients themselves, and examines in detail the biology, home worlds, culture, and society of the enigmatic Hivers and cryptic Droyne. Included are racial and career templates, sample equipment and starships, Ancient artefacts, and much more.
This book also includes a set of 36 Droyne "coyns" and instructions for predicting the future and making decisions, Droyne style.
Two new minor races are presented here as well:
- The Inheritors, a race of fluorine breathers living on the shell of an ancient Dyson sphere and "improving" on the technology left behind.
- The Lithkind, a nocturnal species for which mating means death and death means rebirth, and who treat the opposite sex as taboo!
Table of Contents
GURPS Traveller: Alien Races 3 Section Page/s Introduction Page 4 1. The Hivers Page 5 2. The Droyne Page 63 3. The Ancients Page 106 4. The Inheritors Page 121 5. The Lithkind Page 132 Index Page 143
Library Data Entries (Public)
- Embassy Directorate
- Federation Development Agency (FDA)
- Federation Navy
- Fiyuh (yearling alien)
- Gurviotic (Gurvin Language)
- Hive Federation
- Hiver Script
- Hiver Sign Language (HSL)
- Iydoch Tryyliniy
- The Inheritor Sphere
- Matriarchal Collective
- M. Eneri
- M. Fioran
- M. Primus
- Topical Club
- Wind Wasp
- Young Worlds
Library Data Entries (Automated)
- Artificial Scent Organ
- Chest Computer
- Gauss Gun
- Gauss Squad Support Weapon
- Heavy Gauss Gun
- Ithklur Barb
- X-ray Laser
- Aloo class TAC Missile
- Loflar class TAC Missile
- Ciigusna class Shuttle
- Cihzicih class Transport
- Fazachu class System Defense Boat
- Giciifichu class Dispatcher
- Giiphicih class Liner
- Gizicih class General Trader
- Iigicih class Embassy Ship
- Zahzicih class Q-Ship
- Zofagic class Utility Vessel
- Type AD class Trader
- Type CD class Cruiser
- Type SD class Scout
- Cigiysna class Ship's Boat
- Ciigusna class Pinnace
- Gahcuyche class Heavy Fighter
- Giicuyche class Light Fighter
- Ziigusna class Military Pinnace
GURPS Traveller: Alien Races Series
The GURPS Traveller: Alien Races Series produced at least four canon volumes:
- GURPS Traveller: Alien Races 1: Zhodani & Vargr
- GURPS Traveller: Alien Races 2: Aslan & K'kree
- GURPS Traveller: Alien Races 3: Droyne & Hiver
- GURPS Traveller: Alien Races 4: Minor Races
- GURPS Traveller: Humaniti: Humaniti, Major & Minor
Credits (Primary Sources)
|Credits (Primary Sources)|
|Credit||Authors & Contributors|
|Author||Dave Nilsen, David L. Pulver, Andy Slack and David Thomas|
|Editor||Gene Seabolt and Loren K. Wiseman|
|Illustrations||Jesse DeGraff, Glenn Grant, Sean Murray, and Ed Northcott|
Commentary & Data articles:
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|