|Homeworld location||Loza'tch (Wrenton 2330)|
|Primary Star||K2 V|
|Also see||Hive Federation|
The Za'tachk are a technologically advanced sophont species.
- They are a Minor Non-Human Race with a Non-humanoid appearance.
- They are one of the oldest races associated with the Hivers.
Physiology & Environment: The Za'tachk are descended from trisexual omnivore/gatherers. They are quadripedal; like the Hivers, they use their limbs equally well for movement or grasping. They are similar in size and weight to the Hivers.
The Hivers discovered the Za'tachk and eventually made them part of the Hive Federation.
Society & Culture
Even before being discovered by the Hivers, the Za'tachk were similar in many aspects of culture, being non-aggressive, pacifistic, and highly cooperative in all phases of society. Unlike the Hivers, they are also somewhat timid and lack the burning curiosity that typifies Hiver behavior.
The race has an obsession with order, loving all aspects of organization and development.
Government & Law
They are frequently found in positions involving administration within the Federation, and are typically encountered as starship pursers, accountants, planning officials, and so forth. Though members of other races serve in the same capacities as well, the Za'tachk are favored for such work when they are available, and naturally gravitate toward such positions.
Calendar & Timekeeping
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race is primarily located in the following areas:
The homeworld of this race is:
World Listing: 1105
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Loren Wiseman. Hivers (Game Designers Workshop, 1986), 12.
- Dave Nilsen, David L. Pulver, Andy Slack, David Thomas. Alien Races 3 (Steve Jackson Games, 2000), 28.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science