Type A7 class Cruiser
|Type A7 class Cruiser|
The hull and engineering pods on a Droyne Type A7 class Cruiser.
|Type: EE Cruiser|
|Hull Configuration||Dispersed Structure Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Origin||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Architect fee||Mike Jackson|
|Quick Ship Profile||EE-KU33|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Third Imperium 05 6-7.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
It is a vessel with 3-G and J-3 performance with a unstreamlined dispersed structure hull. The Droyne Cruiser is a military ship typically placed in service for a Droyne Oytrip. Droyne have a preference for small ships, so this is one of their largest designs.
- It carries a powerful defensive armament load and a has Droyne defensive suite. The Droyne Cruiser is initially armed with ten single laser turrets in 5 batteries, but is equipped with stations for up to 10 gunners in case of rearming.
- It ordinarily carries one subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a 16 sophont crew and no marines.
General Description & Deck Plans
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||Tonnage: 1,000 tons. 14,000m3|
|2.||Crew||Crew: 16 Droyne.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Electronics: Ssyukrurs Model/3 ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||Vehicles: 1 50-ton cutter.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:
|11.||Construction Time||30 months to build, 27 months in quantity.|
Droyne craft are often difficult to categorize, and their mission types are often difficult to determine. This craft is clearly one of the military types, but it has played roles as a raider, light replenishment ship, as well as an escort.
- The Droyne Cruiser is a military ship typically placed in service for a Droyne Oytrip. Droyne have a preference for small ships, so this is one of their largest designs.
- The Droyne Cruiser is initially armed with ten single laser turrets in 5 batteries, but is equipped with stations for up to 10 gunners in case of rearming.
- The majority of the Droyne cruiser's fuel is stored in its dorsal and ventral fins. As the ship is unstreamlined, the cutter is used for refueling operations.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: Droyne ship components are innovative and often capable of things no other devices can... But, they also often use alien design architectures that are difficult for non-Droyne to understand. Droyne have powerfully different and alien mindsets froma human perspective. One thing that is absolutely not in question by the majority of sophonts within Charted Space is that the Droyne build the best jump drives and astrogational ship computers around. Corporations like T.P.F. and Ssyukrurs build the best, highest performing, lowest misjumping, most fuel efficient, most reliable jump drives known in Charted Space. 
Class Naming Practice/s: Droyne often use simple alpha-numeric codes for ship names among themselves. They have learned among humans and other mainstream sophonts that personalized names help others to relate them, so they will create names based on flora, fauna, or sophontic personal names when it benefits them to be more relatable.. 
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EE class Line Escort
Errata notes this for Droyne Cruisers: The Droyne Cruiser uses a 1000-ton standard hull. The ship requires a crew of eight: pilot, navigator, 5 engineers and medic; stewards and gunners may be added as required. The ship can carry 32 passengers and no low passengers. The ship costs MCr460.8 (including 10% standard ship discount).
|This article has metadata.|