Windune class Sloop of the Line
|Windune class Sloop of the Line|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: EE Escort|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr203.29 (base) |
|Origin||Protectorate of Leset|
|Passengers||0 High/Med |
|Reference||Ron Kline Design|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and an Escort.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The fully streamlined cone structure has fuel scoops and on board fuel refineries for wilderness ocean refueling. She has a Model/5 fib ship computer and is capable of 4G acceleration and a 2-Agility rating. The TL–12 hull has Jump-2 drives and carries enough internal fuel for two Jump-2s, and carry drop tanks with 28 days of power plant fuel and an additional Jump-2 as needed.
They can carry a 4 dton Air/Raft.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
- Tonnage: 200 tons (standard), 2,800 cubic meters.
- Crew: Pilot, 2 gunners, 2 engineers, medic, 3 marines
- Performance: Jump 2. 4G acceleration. Power plant-4. 8 EP. Agility 2.
- Electronics: Model/5 fib ship computer
- Hardpoints/Armament: One triple missile turret, one single pulse laser turret
- Defenses: none
- Craft: 4 ton Air Raft
- Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification
- Cost: MCr 203.29 standard. MCr 162.632 in quantity.
- Construction Time: 48 weeks standard. 39 weeks in quantity.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/5 fib ship computer|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EE class Line Escort
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|