- Calculations show the wavefront is moving at slightly less than 1 parsec per year or 23.5 au per hour.
- Some have called it The Wave of Madness.
- This is one of the disasters that rocked the Third Imperium: The Break, Virus, and The Wave.
The psionic effect of The Wave causes a number of undesirable effects in psions, which may include madness, sociopathic violence and suicide. The effect itself is said to contain intense emotional effects, which are difficult to understand or control for most psions. Existing psionic suppressive devices and shields of sufficiently high capacity can block or diffuse the effect.
- Some theorists believe that The Wave carries a coded psionic message of sorts, but this theory is largely unconfirmed by known sources.
- First rumors of The Wave reached the Imperium during the Fourth Frontier War pointing to severe problems in the coreward sectors of the Zhodani Consulate. The problems were confirmed by Project Longbow, but not the cause.
Wave Study Projects
- The goal of the Avery Project was to genetically engineer a human with high psionic powers to research The Wave.
- The goal of the CABAl project was to use SuSAGs Better than Life technology to control a human crew during transits within The Wave.
- The distribution of JumpStart caches started for the case, that new knowledge gained by Avery could not solve The Wave problem.
Very little is conclusively known about The Wave.
- Several sophont scientists on the scientific community's fringe have been studying it.
- The news certainly hasn't yet reached the greater public through the News Services of Charted Space.
Wave Advancement Table
|This article has a secret.|
|This article has metadata.|