|No. of Worlds||158|
|Majority Control||Aslan Hierate - 53%|
|Secondary Control||Other - 47%|
|Gross Sector Product||BCr710,854|
|Imperial Coordinate||-5 / -1|
|This sector has a trade map|
|This sector has economic data|
|This sector has sector data|
|This sector has a climate file|
|This sector has sector data|
Touchstone Sector was mostly unvisited and unheralded for most of its history.
- It is located in a remote corner of Charted Space far removed from any major power, and far down the Great Rift, a major astrographic obstacle to limited-range jump ships.
- Possessing few resources or races that would merit major development, only a few Zhodani and Imperial science expeditions had ever visited the sector.
- Its worlds were surveyed, cataloged, and pretty much left alone except for an occasional misjump or prospector.
- 1 Meta-History & Background
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
- 5 Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
- 6 Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
- 7 References & Contributors (Sources)
Meta-History & Background
Touchstone Sector has never been fully developed and has only received sporadic mention in published products.
- It was further developed by the CORE project, but much of it still is undeveloped lacking complete datasets.
- In 1984, J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), . was published.
- In 1991, MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan was published.
- As of Summer 2016, this sector is slowly programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
The area lay largely fallow and unpursued until the Aslan ihatei found it. The area is not rich culturally, economically, or otherwise with few colonists, except the Aslan, possessing any interest in it.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Touchstone Sector Names|
|Third Imperium||Touchstone||Third Imperium|
|Droyne||Unknown||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|K'kree||Unknown||Two Thousand Worlds|
Linguistic Topography: 1105
The following languages are among the most commonly encountered within this astrographic region:
The area is relatively new to the majority of interstellar society within Charted Space. Imperial and Aslan interests have only been aware of the area for a few hundred years with greater colonization efforts only having made significant progress within the last two hundred years.
- The Zhodani have much older claims to the region and have the best set of star charts for the area, making their claims more legitimate. There is some evidence of even older exo-archaological civilization. Some suspect the Ancients although considerable conjecture revolves around the Kursae as well.
- Despite significant IISS activity as well as that of interstellar surveyors and hopeful belters, the area remains a relatively unexplored backwater. The Interstellar market anticipates a number of rich resource strikes to be found here in the near future.
- Aslan ihatei have swarmed the area laying heavy claim across it. It is expected that in the absence of Imperial or Zhodani response, the area will be formally absorbed into the Aslan Hierate in the near future.
Native Sophonts: 1105
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
- Humaniti (Human races)
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
- Non-Human Races
No information yet available.
History: General Overview
No information yet available.
History-Era: Mileu 1100
Touchstone Sector was mostly unvisited and unheralded for most of its history. Located at a remote remove from any major power, far down the Great Rift. Possessing few resources or races that would merit major development, only a few Zhodani and Imperial science expeditions had ever visited the sector. Its worlds were surveyed, cataloged, and pretty much left alone except for an occasional misjump or prospector.
- This changed from about 766, when Ihatei from a vassal clan of Khaukheairl settled on Hwoufeeike (Touchstone 2701). Other settlers followed, but until the Imperial Civil War, settlement came in erratic waves. Most of the colonists were "throwaway" Ihatei that showed little potential or character for advancing their clans interests, or were criminals and outcasts of low status. The only clan that showed any interest in the sector was Hlyueawi, who settled a major pocket of worlds in the spin-coreward quarter of the subsector. Eventually Yerlyaruiwo and Khaukheairl settled and organized the trailing portion as an adjunct to their major holdings in the Trojan Reach and Riftspan.
- The Second Imperial Civil War renewed interest in the sector, though it mostly brought additional Hierate guttertrash denied any honor in invading the Domain of Deneb or Reaver's Deep. These Aslan laid claim to many of the unsettled worlds between the Hlyueawi and trailing pockets, establishing mini-kingdoms based upon crime and piracy. A number of them were used as auxiliary troops and privateers by clans advancing into neighboring Beyond, where they made contacts with human pirate and criminal organisations such as the Devil Pups, the genesis of the later Enterprise.
- The Collapse brought a new flood tide of refugees into the sector, and into conflict with the local "New Lords". Led by Aokhalte, these clans annihilated the Hlyueawi and overran the minor "pirate" holdings, leading to a savage interclan war that strained the limits of the Honor Code. Indigenous and earlier arrived clans, being mostly dishonored Aslan anyway, often fought with dishonorable tactics, prompting a response in kind from the newcomers. Eventually, the two groups began to merge and conmingle. Hlyueawi pulled off its miraculous return to the Tlaukhu, in large part through unscruplous dealings with "bandit" clans and other Tlaukhu members. The period of adjustment, negotiation and petty war led to a current division of power in the sector, that is more fixed than would be normal for Aslan.
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this sector:
- (-1044): Aslan first cross the Great Rift at Riftspan Reaches Sector.
- (766): A major wave of Aslan Ihatei begin colonizing the Touchstone Sector in earnest.
- This area had been previously explored by scouts and surveyors of several interstellar polities, large and small, who found several races of little-known sophonts before the major Ihatei Wave of 766.
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
Dominant Tlaukhu clans dominate regions with clear de facto boundaries that keep out most of their rivals.
- A growing power in the sector are a consortium of semi-independent pirate and privateer bands, both Aslan and human, that have found a niche within the border regions between the balkanised territories of the feuding clans.
- Always a condescended yet tolerated part of Aslan society, the skyrocketed demand for irregular troops and "dark alley" operations in the local clan wars has given them considerable economic legitimacy. Some pirate clans have even managed to crack the customary glass ceiling, reentering mainstream Aslan society, though usually with their criminal activities well hidden behind a veil of legitimate business and "honorable" behavior. Many clans, primarily the Syoisius and the Hlyueawi, actively patronise these bandits, finding them an effective tool against their rivals.
- The Rift Subsectors are primarily settled against the possibility of Vampire penetration of the Rift. While this seems rather unlikely, as the subsector possessed nothing in the way of the Imperial Calibration System that permitted Vampire fleets to penetrate into Regency space, the distance between most Rift systems is not so great to deter well organised Vampires fleets, especially in the wake of the Rape of Trin. And there have been, since 1145, a number of major battles, particularly in the trailing half of the sector.
The primary powers are:
- Syoisuis, which took over most of Hlyueawi's coreward holdings.
- Aokhalte, which is scattered between subsectors A, C, E and G
- Tralyeaeawi, which maintains its powerbase in coreward Hiryarloah (C) and parts of Eietorl Easea' (D) and continues to prosecute its feud with Syoisuis and Aokhalte.
- Seieakh, with most of its holdings in trailing A Ekhyolyooul (E) subsector.
- Hlyueawi, concentrated in A Ekhyolyooul, continuing its improbable comeback at the expense of its nemesis, Aokhalte.
- Khaukheairl, whose main power center is in the calm island of Eietorl Easea' and Ikairleah (H) subsectors
- A number of independent clan coalitions scattered in the cracks between major factions.
Polity Listing: 1105
The following polities can be found within this sector:
- Imperial Powers
- Independent Powers
- Non-Aligned Powers (World-States)
Polity Descriptions: 1105
Here are several synopses of the polities found in this sector:
Imperial Territory: 1105
This sector is not an Imperial possession.
- 0.00% is controlled by the Third Imperium.
- 100.00% is controlled by non-Imperial powers.
Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
The following astrographic features and trade routes can be found within this area:
Mains, Branches & Arms
Clusters & Traces
- No information yet available.
Rifts, Voids & Jump Bridges
Other Astrographic Features
Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
It is an astrographic region of relatively low stellar density with relatively little sophont colonization.
- The area is dominated by the Great Rift.
Sector Summary: 1105
The Touchstone sector has 158 worlds with an estimated population of 177 billion, a per capita income of Cr3,809, and a total economy is BCr674,234. These worlds originate an interstellar trade of BCr279 through 79 starports (13 Class A, 23 Class B, 35 Class C, 8 Class D) employing 39,840 people. Driving this interstellar trade are 15 Agricultural (Ag) worlds, eight Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds, eight Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, six Pre-Industrial (Pi) worlds, nine Rich (Ri) worlds, and three Industrial (In) worlds. The governments in Touchstone maintain 30 Clan bases, and eight Tlaukhu bases. The average technology level is 4 (with most between 0 and 9). The highest technology level is 14 at Feyuriyrl (Touchstone 0507), Fair (Touchstone 0604), Eahiya (Touchstone 0703), and Elyetea (Touchstone 0809).
The Touchstone sector contains 176 stars and 1,772 identified planets; 141 monostellar systems, 16 binary systems, one trinary system, and no systems with four or more stars. 117 of the 158 systems (74%) have native gas giants. There are no Asteroid (As) belts, six Desert (De) worlds, 12 Garden (Ga) worlds, six Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, 20 Poor (Po) worlds, 11 Vacuum (Va) worlds, and 12 Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds.
Touchstone has an estimated population of 177 billion distributed across seven High population (Hi) worlds, eight Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 50 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 27 Low population (Lo) worlds, and 61 Barren (Ba) worlds. The highest population worlds are Eroarife (Touchstone 0503), Htaastea (Touchstone 3003), Aseirl (Touchstone 3006), Ealriysilrai (Touchstone 2711), Fair (Touchstone 0604), and Tryeouoaeakh (Touchstone 1108). The population consists of 2 sophont groups.
|2 identified sophont populations in Touchstone|
Aslan Hierate, unknown
The Aslan Hierate, unknown has jurisdiction over 84 worlds with an estimated population of 173 billion, a per capita income of Cr3,778, and a total economy is BCr653,667. These worlds originate an interstellar trade of BCr279 through 73 starports (13 Class A, 22 Class B, 32 Class C, 6 Class D) employing 39,830 people. Driving this interstellar trade are ten Agricultural (Ag) worlds, eight Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds, seven Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, four Pre-Industrial (Pi) worlds, eight Rich (Ri) worlds, and three Industrial (In) worlds. The governments in Aslan Hierate, unknown maintain 30 Clan bases, and eight Tlaukhu bases. The average technology level is 8 (with most between 5 and 10). The highest technology level is 14 at Feyuriyrl (Touchstone 0507), Fair (Touchstone 0604), Eahiya (Touchstone 0703), and Elyetea (Touchstone 0809).
The Aslan Hierate, unknown has an estimated population of 173 billion distributed across six High population (Hi) worlds, six Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 44 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 24 Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. The highest population worlds are Eroarife (Touchstone 0503), Htaastea (Touchstone 3003), Aseirl (Touchstone 3006), Ealriysilrai (Touchstone 2711), Fair (Touchstone 0604), and Tryeouoaeakh (Touchstone 1108). The population consists of 1 sophont groups.
World Listing: 1105
Subsector Listing: 1105
The following subsectors can be found within this sector:
- Subsector A: Ekteiu
- Subsector B: Kyahiyleakhaw
- Subsector C: Hiryarloah
- Subsector D: Eietorl Easea'
- Subsector E: A Ekhyolyooul
- Subsector F: Iheihoarla
- Subsector G: Aosola
- Subsector H: Ikairleah
- Subsector I: Earluiloiw
- Subsector J: Taikhahriysea'yoruh
- Subsector K: Tarlaihiyr
- Subsector L: Oheaaye'eal
- Subsector M: Iywe'uar
- Subsector N: Hritihtoi
- Subsector O: Ayaau'khte
- Subsector P: Ala'ourl
Territorial Overview: 1105
The following table details the subsectors within this area:
- No information yet available.
Territorial Chart Key
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|