|Languages||Unknown Native Language|
|Homeworld location||Unknown World|
|Reference||T5 Core Rules 16.|
- Variant spelling: "Khursae".
Very little is conclusively known about the Kursae. Some of leading research supports the idea that they were insectoids. Others vehemently disagree.
The Kursae settled a region more than 3,000pc across. It is generally believed that Kursae did this using NAFAL technology. That would make them a major interstellar power, despite the lack of a Jump Drive.
Point of Interest: The Kursae Mystery
Some of the great questions of our age involve the Kursae and many dedicated scientists from the Third Imperium are actively exploring these very mysteries:
- How did they manage to colonize such a large sphere without one of the Ancient's heirs interfering?
- How did the Kursae devolve so quickly, by astrographic standards, and lose their technology? Why?
- What myths and knowledge do the Kursae have about what was once their space?
- After losing their technology, why did they not die out as so many other species have?
- If they truly colonized Charted Space, where are their remains? Why aren't we knee-deep in artifacts and ruins?
Over the next thousand centuries these many worlds of the Kursae all followed a common path: a downward spiral to a comfortable low technology level where they are today… sharing a common heritage of myths about their past.
- |<----- 1000 pc ----->|
The homeworld of this race is:
- Unknown World
World Listing: 1105
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|