District 268 is Subsector N of Spinward Marches Sector.
In the early years of Marches exploration, the Spinward Main route through District 268 was the only viable route for jump-1 ships trading with the Imperial worlds in the Glisten Subsector. The Main forks into two branches at Talos (Spinward Marches 1436): the Collace Arm runs Spinward toward Five Sisters, while the Glisten Arm runs Trailing.
- Although jump-2 and jump-3 traffic is more economical, enough jump-1 ships plied these routes to create a trickle of settlement.
Subsector Summary: 1105
Astrographic Features & Trade Routes: 1105
The following astrographic features, trade routes, mains, clusters, and traces can be found within this area:
World Listing: 1105
The following systems and worlds can be found within this area:
32 Worlds in the District 268 Subsector in Era: Milieu 1116
History & Background (Dossier)
Territorial Overview: As a district, its worlds are not members of the Imperium, but they do receive Imperial protection.
Polity Listing: 1105
The following polities can be found within this subsector:
Native Sophonts (NILs): 1105
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated in this area:
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this area:
- The District was formally added to the Imperial rolls in 610 (the neighboring Five Sisters Subsector, created at the same time, was originally District 267) as the 268th subsector to be considered for inclusion in the Imperium.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Kinunir (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), TBD.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 3-40.Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), 3-40.
- Classic Traveller Faldor
- Research Station Gamma
- Marc Miller. Shadows/Annic Nova (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), . in Article: "Introduction"
- John Harshman, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. Library Data (N-Z) (Game Designers Workshop, 1982), 38-41.
- Marc Miller. The Traveller Book (Game Designers Workshop, 1982), 149-156.
- Frank Chadwick, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. The Traveller Adventure (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), 12-15.
- JTAS8 in article: "A Dagger at Efate"
- Gareth Hanrahan. Secret of the Ancients (Mongoose Publishing, 2010), .Gareth Hanrahan. Secret of the Ancients (Mongoose Publishing, 2012), .Marc Miller. Secret of the Ancients (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), .
- Safari Ship
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), 4.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 8-20.
- Periodical: Security Leak 03
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 39,94-97.
- Marc Miller. Players' Manual (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), IFC,85,91.
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58.
- Software: Megatraveller 2: Quest for the Ancients
- Traveller: The New Era Main Rulebook (pg. 172)
- Periodical: Traveller Chronicle 01
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 36-51.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 3-142.Martin J. Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 3-142.
- GURPS Traveller: Far Trader
- GURPS Traveller: Starports
- Planetary Survey 4: Glisten
- Martin Dougherty. Out Of The Darkness (Avenger Enterprises, 2006), 100-101.
- Adventure 2: Range War
- The Gabriel Enigma
- Type S
- Fiddler's Green
- Spinward Salvage LIC
- Golden Age Starships 6: Corsair
- Golden Age Starships 8: Armed Free Trader
- System Guide 2: Flexos
- New Era 1248 Sourcebook 3: Spinward States Pages: 12-32,54-75,96-116
- Three Blind Mice (book)
- Mongoose Traveller: Spinward Marches
- Gregory P. Lee. Cirque (Greylock Publishing, 2014), 6-9.
- Delta 3 is Down
- New Traveller: Marches Adventure 1: High and Dry
- EXTERNAL LINK: T5 Second Survey as published on Traveller Map site
- EXTERNAL LINK: [http://sol.trisen.com/default.asp?topic=10&page=33 Duchies of the Spinward Marches
- EXTERNAL LINK: TML Landgrab
- EXTERNAL LINK: Peter Gray
- EXTERNAL LINK: Tony Barr's Wargames Notebook - Tony Barr
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science