Talk:District 268 Subsector
Politics and Diplomacy : New Era
|Capital||Mertactor (Spinward Marches 1537)|
|No. of Stars||32|
|Stellar and Economic data||data page|
|Majority Control||Client States - 42%|
|2nd Control||Regency of Deneb - 40%|
|3rd Control||Non-Align - 15%|
|Map Key||Map Key|
Plankwell, subsector N of Spinward Marches has 32 worlds, of which 18 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the subsector is 22 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are three High population (Hi) worlds, six Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 13 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, five Low population (Lo) worlds, and one Barren (Ba) world. There are three Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus two Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and three Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are seven Rich (Ri) worlds versus two Industrial (In) worlds. There is one Asteroid (As) belt, one Desert (De) world, three Garden (Ga) worlds, three Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, five Poor (Po) worlds, four Vacuum (Va) worlds, and no Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are three Naval bases in the subsector, seven Scout bases, and no Way stations. In Plankwell there are two race homeworlds. The highest population world is Pagaton (Spinward Marches 1634). The highest tech level is E at Collace (Spinward Marches 1237) and Mille Falcs (Spinward Marches 1637). The average technology level is 9 (with most between 6 and 11).
The Client States of the Regency of Deneb in Plankwell encompasses 14 worlds with a population of 2 billion. The highest population world is Pavabid (Spinward Marches 1238). The highest tech level is B at Avastan (Spinward Marches 1037), Kuai Qing (Spinward Marches 1040), Bowman (Spinward Marches 1132), Tarsus (Spinward Marches 1138), and Trexalon (Spinward Marches 1339). The average technology level is 8 (with most between 5 and 10).
The Regency of Deneb in Plankwell has jurisdiction over 13 worlds with a population of 20 billion. The highest population world is Pagaton (Spinward Marches 1634). The highest tech level is E at Collace (Spinward Marches 1237) and Mille Falcs (Spinward Marches 1637). The average technology level is 10 (with most between 7 and 12).
The Non-Aligned Human dominated worlds in Plankwell encompasses four worlds with a population of 23 million. The highest population world is Datrillian (Spinward Marches 1331). The highest tech level is 9 at Squallia (Spinward Marches 1133) and Datrillian (Spinward Marches 1331). The average technology level is 7 (with most between 5 and 8).
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this subsector:
No information available.
- Rancke 10:15, 23 August 2007 (UTC)
Does Safari Ship expressly state that its figures superscede the data presented in Spinward Marches or is that merely an assumption? Unfortunately, the revised planetary population of just 1.6 Billion is not in accord with the statements concerning overpopulation that are key to the existing Forine and Elixabeth writeups.
- Vendarth 12:21, 23 August 2007 (UTC)
- The population data in The Spinward Marches claimed that District 268 had 2.456 billion inhabitants. This is not possible if Forine has a population of 5.9 billion. It's not even possible if Forine has a population of 1.6 billion. The 2.456 figure was presumably arrived at by counting all populations as having population multipliers of 1. The information from Safari Ship is based on the canonical population multipliers.
- Note that the Forine and Elixabeth writeups are based on the same source that reduced the population of Forine to 1.6 billion. We can keep one or the other, but not both. Since we have to toss one, why keep the one that is less plausible[*] and creates huge problems (namely, explaining where all that food comes from)? Especially since the description doesn't really work even if all 6 billion people live on the surface of Forine.
- [*]Less plausible? Well, that's just my opinion, of course.
- Rancke 14:17, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
The dependent relationship between the Forine and Elixabeth writeups relates to overpopulation in the former, not to the "food problem". If, as Rancke has written, Forine's SYSTEM-WIDE population is assumed to be 5.9 Billion, then the overpopulation issue is still valid.--
- Vendarth 15:19, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
Why is Patagon not Pagaton on the map?
Patagon-who knows how to "Pagaton" the map
- 126.96.36.199 02:00, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
World Listing (2007)
- 567-908/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1031)
- Asteltine/District 268 (Spinward Marches 0931)
- Avastan/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1037)
- Binges/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1635)
- Bowman/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1132)
- Collace/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1237)
- Dallia/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1435)
- Datrillian/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1331)
- Dawnworld/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1531)
- Elixabeth/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1532)
- Faldor/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1131)
- Flexos/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1233)
- Forine/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1533)
- Inchin/District 268 (Spinward Marches 0938)
- Judice/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1337)
- Kwai Ching/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1040)
- Mertactor/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1537)
- Milagro/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1632)
- Mille Falcs/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1637)
- Motmos/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1340)
- Nirton/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1332)
- Noctocol/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1433)
- Pavabid/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1238)
- Pegaton/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1634)
- Singer/District 268 (Spinward Marches 0940)
- Squallia/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1133)
- Talchek/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1631)
- Talos/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1436)
- Tarkine/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1434)
- Tarsus/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1138)
- Trexalon/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1339)
- Waltson/District 268 (Spinward Marches 1232)