Vargr (Alien Module)
Freebooting encounter with the wolves of space
|Author||J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman|
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Available from||DriveThru RPG|
|Also See||Vargr Extents|
|Product No. 257|
|Table of Contents|
|Anatomical Drawings of Vargr||IFC|
|The Vargr Race||2|
|Language and Naming||7|
|Vargr Character Generation||8|
|Starships and Space Travel||12|
|Vargr Word Generation Tables||14|
|Vargr Character Generation Tables||16|
|Vargr Mercenary Character Generation Tables||18|
|Gvurrdon's Story (adventure basis)||21|
|Vargr World Generation Checklist||29|
|Vargr High Guard Character Generation||30|
|Vargr Corsair Character Generation||34|
|Other Game Rules||37|
|The Vargr Homeworld||38|
|Gvurrdon's Story (translation)||44|
|Gvurrdon Sector Map and Data||46|
|Sectors of the Vargr Extents Map||IBC|
- It is a Vargr sophont source book written for Classic Traveller.
- This publication has the following errata file: Errata Vargr
Terran canines, genetically manipulated to intelligence and transferred to another world by the mysterious and enigmatic civilization called the Ancients. These are the Vargr, interstellar neighbors of the Imperium. Their seemingly irrational race has long been a mystery to the ordinary human, and now it is possible to learn more about their culture and their society.
Vargr, Traveller Alien Module 3, describes in detail this alien race, its homeworld, and its starfaring society.
This Alien Module includes:
- Vargr History and Culture: Several detailed essays on the nature of the Vargr, their culture, their behavior, and their society.
- Vargr Character Generation: Six basic careers, including Navy, Corsairs, army, Emissaries, Merchants, and Loners. Also included are details and modifications to standard systems to allow Vargr to be generated as Imperial citizens.
- Advanced Character Generation: Character and skill tables for Mercenary and High Guard (you must have Mercenary and High Guard to use them fully).
- World Generation: Tables and rules for Vargr worlds, governments, bases, law and tech levels.
- Vargr Word Generation: Fast and easy generation of vargr names and words - to add depth to Vargr characters and worlds.
- The Vargr Extents: Basic multi-sector map of Vargr territory, showing its relationship to the Imperium and detailing some of the numerous governments. Sectors are named in Vargr, with Imperial names where applicable.
- And a Puzzle: A Vargr myth holds the key to the whereabouts of a lost fortune. There is one minor problem standing in the way: the story has never been translated. The complete Arrghoun text is included, as well as a glossary and grammar for that language. the players must translate and interpret the document in order to solve the puzzle (an annotated translation is included for the benefit of those referees who are not fluent in Arrghoun). Only after that can the search begin in earnest. More than an intellectual puzzle, the adventure in this module is a rousing good time for all concerned.
Library Data Entries (Public)
- Arrghoun (language)
- Corsair Base
- Corsair Vessel
- Gvurrdon Sector
- Vargr Army & Militia
- Vargr Extents
- Vargr Forces
- Vargr Navy, Corsairs & Raiders
Library Data Entries (Automated)
- Type VA class Trader 
- Type VF class Frigate 
- Type VJ class Seeker 
- Type VM class Packet 
- Type VP class Corsair 
- Type VS class Scout 
- Type VX class Courier 
Vargr (Alien Module) is the third in the series of Alien Modules for Classic Traveller looks at the Vargr, acknowledged as a Major Race but unique in that select group in that they appear to have been the result of an experiment in artificial evolution rather than the product of natural selection.
Credits (Primary Sources)
|Credits (Primary Sources)|
|Credit||Authors & Contributors|
|Design||J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, and John Harshman|
|Cover Illustration||David Deitrick|
|Interior illustrations||Steve Venters and William H. Keith, Jr.|
|Art Direction||Paul R. Banner|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|