- The Supraclass designation is also known as Ship Mission, Ship Mission Code, Mission, or Ship Hull Designation.
- It is a starship supraclass.
Library Data Referral Tree
- Starship User Types
- Advanced Ship Classifications
- Basic Ship Classifications
- Ships by Function
- Speed of Travel
Corsairs are infamous throughout space, especially the dreaded Vargr corsair! Corsair vessels may be purposefully built at rogue shipyard or, as often as not, converted from existing ship types and classes.
- Piracy is one of the scourges of Interstellar Trade within Charted Space.
- Some vessels act as privateers with legal imprimatur or commerce raiders under military purview.
- And even other vessels act as Q-ships in a distinctly anti-piracy mission and role. Q-ships are technically H-class security vessels, but are included in this entry since they interact with Type-Ps by design.
- The ubiquitous Rrazaaghz class Corsair, common through the Vargr Extents and coreward Imperial Space.
- Several Rrazaaghz class Corsairs working in unison.
- A typical Nishemani class Corsair viewed from the rear, exposing it's large cargo bay, lying in ambush in an asteroid field.
- A typical Nishemani class Corsair viewed from the side, showing off its expansive hull.
Strategy & Tactics (Doctrine)
Corsair vessels are typically ambush ships, hoping to surprise, overcome, and loot unarmed victims. Prize vessels are always desired as well. Most predatory pirate vessels carry boarders not only to overcome enemy crew, but to temporarily crew captured vessels until they can be sold or otherwise disposed of.
- Buccaneer Vessel (PP)
- Commerce Protection Vessel (PR)
- Commerce Raider (PR)
- Corsair Vessel (P) (Namesake)
- Fast Attack Craft (PG)
- Freebooter (PR)
- Frontier Raider (PR)
- Gunboat (PG)
- Hijacker Vessel (PR)
- Light Attack Boat (PG)
- Marauder (PR)
- Marauder Vessel (PR)
- Pirate Ship (PP)
- Pirate Vessel (PP)
- Privateer (PRP)
- Privateer Vessel (PRP)
- Raider Cruiser (PR)
- Raider Vessel (PR)
- Reaver Ship (P)
- Scout Raider (PR)
- Slave Transport (PS)
- Slaver Vessel (PS)
- Vargr Corsair Vessel (PV)
- Battle Rider (BR)
- Combat Barge (WBG)
- Combat Transport Smallcraft (UI)
- Fighters (F)
- Militarized Utility Craft (UQ)
Supraclass Archetypal Roles
These vessels typically serve the following archetypal roles:
|P-class Corsair Vessel Supraclass Archetypes|
|Corsair Vessel||P (Namesake)||Nishemani class Corsair||This is an overall category of vessels that conduct piracy and raiding missions on behalf of private parties.
|Gunboat||PG||Griffon class Gunship||Gunboats are a class of very light combatant craft.
|Pirate Vessel||PP||TBD||Pirate vessels raid ships primarily for the profit of their crews without sanction from any significant polity, as opposed to raiders (which focus on degrading war making capability) or privateers (which operate with legal sanction). They need to be able to reach reliable fences and shipyards that will not question how they got damaged, which often limits their operational range. Since pirate vessels would be impounded at many starports if they attempted to land there, designers of these ships often see fuel scoops and fuel purification plants as functional requirements.
|Raider Vessel||PR||Chameleon class Commerce Raider||Raider vessels attempt to attack enemy ships and assets in order to degrade their war making capability.|
|Privateer Vessel||PRP||Slade Mark I class Frontier Raider||Privateers are a polity-sanctioned vessel that raids opposing polity vessels with a legal sanction.|
|Slaver Vessel||PS||Hkisyeleaa class Slaver||Slaver vessels take, raid, transport, and otherwise handle slaves.
|Vargr Corsair Vessel||PV||Rrazaghz class Corsair||Vargr society institutionalizes corsair practices as part of the Vargr Extents and such ships are in widespread use.
|NOTES: There is semantic overlap between many of the classes and codes. Some codes organize by mission or capability, others by size and tonnage, and yet others by other characteristics.|
Vargr Corsairs: 1105
Some of the best known Vargr corsairs (pirates) include:
- Aegzaeng corsairs
- Aek Aeg corsairs
- Aengsoekkuervoe corsairs
- Atueguers corsairs
- Baknaelur corsairs
- Ethueng corsairs
- Goenghoedz corsairs
- Gvaekuers corsairs
- Huhh Kekk corsairs
- Ilksang Oekhgnoull corsairs
- Kforuzeng mega-corsairs
- Gvurknuesurrg, a secret organization of enforcers for the Kforuzeng
- Red Pelts corsairs
- Rrouring corsairs
- Uekuez corsairs
- Vekshan corsairs
- White Fang corsairs
- Zosokhsourztourrgh corsairs
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type PP class Pirate Vessel
- Cobra class Corsair
- Fang class Corsair
- Harmony class Corsair
- Hellbeast class Corsair
- Iron Fist class Corsair
- Jolly Roger class Corsair
- Nightspeed class Corsair
- Nishemani class Corsair
- Ral Ranta class Corsair
- Slasher class Corsair
- Slaymaker class Freebooter
- Siyuihwye II class Pirate Ship
- Stormfire class Corsair
- Turnitam class Corsair
- Type P class Corsair
- Witch of Endor class Corsair
- Type PR class Raider
- Type PRP class Privateer
- Type VP class Corsair AKA Type PV class Vargr Corsair
Ship Summary List
Some of the most commonly used vessels in the corsair role include:
|60 Representative Corsair Vessel (P) Classes|
|18 Representative Gunboat (PG) Classes|
|16 Representative Pirate Vessel (PP) Classes|
|16 Representative Raider Vessel (PR) Classes|
|4 Representative Privateer Vessel (PRP) Classes|
|2 Representative Slaver Vessel (PS) Classes|
|8 Representative Vargr Corsair Vessel (PV) Classes|
|10 Representative Q-Ship (HQ) Classes|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|