Raider Vessels are small, fast warships designed for predatory commerce raiding.
- They tend to operate independently of fleet command, seeking their own targets.
- Raider vessels are included as part of the P-class Corsair Vessel mission grouping.
- The Supraclass designation is also known as Ship Mission, Ship Mission Code, Mission, or Ship Hull Designation.
- It is a starship supraclass.
- 1 Library Data Referral Tree
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Library Data Referral Tree
- Starship User Types
- Advanced Ship Classifications
- Basic Ship Classifications
- Ships by Function
- Speed of Travel
Corsairs are infamous throughout space, especially the dreaded Vargr corsair! Corsair vessels may be purposefully built at rogue shipyard or, as often as not, converted from existing ship types and classes.
- Piracy is one of the scourges of Interstellar Trade within Charted Space.
- Some vessels act as privateers with legal imprimatur or commerce raiders under military purview.
- And even other vessels act as Q-ships in a distinctly anti-piracy mission and role. Q-ships are technically H-class security vessels, but are included in this entry since they interact with Type-Ps by design.
No information yet available.
Strategy & Tactics (Doctrine)
Raider Vessels are typically ambush ships, hoping to surprise, overcome, and loot unarmed victims. Prize vessels are always desired as well. Most predatory pirate vessels carry boarders not only to overcome enemy crew, but to temporarily crew captured vessels until they can be sold or otherwise disposed of. And privateer vessels, in turn, ambush corsair vessels along with Q-ships.
Raider Vessels typically serve the following roles:
- Ambush Ship (PR)
- Commerce Raider (PR)
- Corporate Raider (PR)
- Escort Raider (PR)
- Frontier Raider (PR)
- Pirate Raider (PR)
- Privateer (PRP)
- Privateer Vessel (PRP)
- Raider Escort (PR)
- Raider Q-Carrier (PR)
- Raider Tender (PR)
- Raider Vessel (PR) (Namesake)
- Scout Raider (PR)
- Battle Rider (BR)
- Combat Barge (WBG)
- Combat Transport Smallcraft (UI)
- Fighters (F)
- Militarized Utility Craft (UQ)
|PR-class Raider Vessel Supraclass Archetypes|
|Raider Vessel||PR||Chameleon class Commerce Raider|| Raider vessels attempt to attack enemy ships and assets in order to degrade their war making capability.
|Privateer Vessel||PRP||Slade Mark I class Frontier Raider|| Privateers are a polity-sanctioned vessel that raids opposing polity vessels with a legal sanction.
|NOTES: There is semantic overlap between many of the classes and codes. Some codes organize by mission or capability, others by size and tonnage, and yet others by other characteristics.|
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type PR class Raider
- Type PRP class Privateer
Ship Summary List
Some of the most commonly used vessels in this role or these roles include:
|16 Representative Raider Vessel (PR) Classes|
|4 Representative Privateer Vessel (PRP) Classes|
|10 Representative Q-Ship (HQ) Classes|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Mongoose Traveller: Traders & Raiders
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Morandir Armson
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science