Aeogz class Corsair
|Aeogz class Corsair|
|Type: PV Corsair Vessel|
|Hull Configuration||Cone Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|End of Service||They are still in widespread use.|
|Also see||Corsair Vessel|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Bleddyn Wilson|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Vargr Corsair Aeogz Class (Batch 1b) is a 400 ton civilian design with a construction tech level of 12 and a cost of MCr267.58, including design fees. Construction time is 64 weeks. Subsequent ships of the class will cost MCr211.95 and take 52 weeks to complete.
- The 400 ton hull is of the Cone configuration; it is streamlined and capable of atmospheric work (hull cost, including 10% surcharge for Cone configuration: MCr44.0). The ship carries Armor Factor-1. Fuel scoops are present (MCr).
- A bridge (20.0 tons; MCr2.0) and a computer Model/4 (4.0 tons; MCr30.0; 2 energy points).
- The ship is Jump-2 (25 tons; MCr40), Maneuver-5 (19 tons; MCr40), and Power plant-5 (31 tons; MCr80). The power plant provides 20 energy points.
- Fuel tankage provides 130 tons of fuel. 80 tons enables a two parsec jump range and a further 50 tons giving endurance 4 weeks (20 weeks powered down). There is a fuel purification plant (6.0 tons; MCr0.03). The ship has an agility of 3 and an emergency agility of 5.
- The ship has four Triple Turrets with 4 tons dedicated to fire control. The ship carries no screens. Usually the ship is armed with two triple beam turrets and two triple missile turrets.
- The crew numbers 10 (Command: 1+1, Engineers: 1+2, Gunners: 0+4, Steward: 0+), Medic: 0+1) . Passengers number 0. All sophonts are accommodated in 12 staterooms (48.0 tons; MCr6).
- Payloads carried includes; One G-carrier, berth, one Low berth, emergency, two Workshops, one Air/raft, berth, one MedBay, (25.0 tons, MCr1.6).
- A cargo hold of 40.0 tons is provided.
- Ship's vehicles include; A 30 ton Ship's Boat, occupying a 30 ton hangar.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||400tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/4 fib computer.|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|8.||Craft||x1 30dt Ships Boat. x1 G-Garrier and x1 Airraft|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Two Fuel Scoops and Purification plant|
|11.||Construction Time||11 months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
|12.||Comments||Often the crew will have double occupancy of crew quarters ( save the captain and first officer) and the crew will swell to 22 in size.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s:
- VP-07305 Raersthog (Revenge) - Operated by the remnants of the Aekroang, whereabouts unknown, corsair band. she is one of five unaccounted for ships of the same class that disappeared following the end of the Fifth Frontier War.
- VP-07311 "Voerzgangau" (Night Raider) reported by imperial intelligence seen in a Sacnoth,Sacnoth/Sword Worlds (Spinward Marches 1325), Naval Shipyard prior to the Fifth Frontier War.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type VP class Corsair AKA Type PV class Vargr Corsair
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|