- It is also known as the Black Trade.
- An enslaved individual sophont is known as a slave.
- It is outlawed throughout parts of Charted Space.
- Some consider that being a slave is a form of Vocation.
- 1 Library Data Referral Tree
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 5 References & Contributors (Sources)
Library Data Referral Tree
There a few issues that promote as much controversy as Chattel Slavery within Imperial Space. Some species feel that slavery should be tolerated and permitted while others are dead set against the practice. The Imperial government, for the most part, are against the practice, but it is not unknown for the authorities to look the other way when it comes to enforcement in areas with divergent opinion and different cultural practices. 
- Bonded Labor
- Chattel Slavery
- Debt Bondage
- Forced Labor
- Penal Labor
- Sex Slave
- Slave Labor
- Slave Trade
- Unfree Labor
Article VI of the Warrant of Restoration
Article VI - Slavery Prohibited: Chattel slavery shall not exist within the Imperium, nor in any territory directly under its control, nor on any member world, nor within any territory with which a member world shall have dealings.
Slavery Within the Third Imperium
Q1. Does slavery exist within the Third Imperium?
- Free Trade: The Imperial government puts the highest priority on the maintenance of a free enterprise and free trade system with the caveat that taxes be paid to the central government of the Third Imperium in the person of the Emperor. How free trade is interpreted and enforced via policy is highly selective. As a rule, the system is laisse faire or hands off. After enforcement of Imperial taxes and starport oversight, the Starport Authority, local policy is left to the Imperial Nobility and the Duchies.
- Safety of the Starways: The Imperial government puts the highest priority on its own sovereignty and the security of Imperial Space. It effectively funds and supports the Imperial Military, polices the starways, and enforces those laws and legislation that the Emperor discerns. Outside of the Emperor's priorities, the state leaves local rule to the Imperial Nobility and the Duchies. That even includes a cetain level of military force devolvement to the Colonial Navy, Subsector Navy, Planetary Navy, and Colonial Forces (Planetary Defense Forces).
NOTES: The Imperial government, for the most part, are against the practice, but it is not unknown for the authorities to look the other way when it comes to enforcement in areas with divergent opinion and different cultural practices. 
Slave Peoples & Races
The following sophonts experienced slavery at one time. Some are still under bondage:
- Ael Yael
- Irilitok Vargr
- Reformed Dootchen Estates
Slaver Polities & Organizations
- Aakhri Empire
- Aslan Hierate
- Die Weltbund
- Duchy of St. Foy
- Ghaskoret Empire
- Glorious Empire
- Khuzedhoth Doom Trade Slaving
- Krymia Einarchy
- McAteer Mining
- Society of Equals
- Two Thousand Worlds
- Vargr Extents
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
The practice of slavery is located throughout:
World Listing: 1105
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|