Career Book 2
|Career Book 2|
|Author||John Griffiths, Richard Hazlewood, Nik Kraakenes|
|Format||Book (Softback) (PDF)|
|Available from||DriveThru RPG|
The sequel to Spica Publishing's highly successful Career Book 1 contains:
- Two alternative methods for generating Background Skills;
- An alternative Injury Table;
- University and Graduate School pre-career options
- Two new skills: Manipulation and Psychohistory, and an expanded Trade skill
14 new careers for use in any given Traveller game or campaign:
- ATHLETE: Striving for accolades, athletes compete in games spanning subsectors. It's the winning that matters!
- CHANCER: Lying, cheating, stealing, and deceit: the tools of the trade of the Chancer, who can only win as long as someone else loses.
- COMPANION: Whether you're down-trodden and poor, or high-class and rich, everyone pays a price in the oldest profession.
- COSMONAUT: Making a living in space can be hard work, with cargo pods to be moved, repairs to be made and people to be rescued!
- ENFORCER: Thug, bully boy, heavy: names mean nothing to you. Getting a result for your boss means everything!
- INSURGENT: Working within the government, you work in the background, helping those who seek to overthrow the government.
- MEDIA PRACTITIONER: Lights! Camera! Action! Whether it's a soap opera, a documentary or a quiz show, you're the one who makes it shine!
- MYSTIC WARRIOR: You're searching for the truth both within and without, and enjoying a fight along the way!
- POLITICIAN: Greed, money, power, and votes: when you're a politician, you need plenty of these!
- PORT AUTHORITY: You make sure the right cargo gets to the right ship, the ships get off the pad and that the taxes on the cargos have been paid!
- PRISONER: Whether you're a common criminal, a political agitator or a prisoner of war: behind bars, everyone has one thought - to get out!
- PUPPETEER: These alien experimenters are happy to wait to see the outcome of their experiments on other societies.
- SECRET POLICE: The Secret Police know what everyone is doing, what everyone is saying and where everyone is going!
- SLAVE: Your life is in the hands of your master or mistress, their every wish a command, and every command an order!
The book also contains 54 pre-generated characters. Three are from each of the new careers, plus 14 multi-career characters (generated using both the Traveller Main Book and Career Book 2) in case a situation arises in which the Referee or players need extra characters.
Requires the use of the Traveller Core Rulebook, available from Mongoose Publishing.
- John Griffiths, Richard Hazlewood, Nik Kraakenes
- John Griffiths
- Nik Kraakenes
- John Griffiths, Kevin Hazlewood, Richard Hazlewood, Nik Kraakenes
Table of Contents
Library Data Entries (Public)
- Media Practitioner
- Mystic Warrior
- Port Authority Man
- Secret Police