|Status||Major Race Subspecies, Vargr Ethnic Group|
|Homeworld location||Lair (Provence 2402)|
|Reference||"The Vargr Race." Vargr 3,32.|
The Irilitok Vargr are a technologically sophisticated sophont subspecies.
- They are a major race, Terragen, and a Vargr Ethnic Group with a semi-humanoid appearance.
- This race is a Vargr subspecies.
- Their poorly organized supra-polity is known as the Vargr Extents and can be found coreward of the Third Imperium.
- Please also see: Aekhu Vargr, Akumgeda Vargr, Irilitok Vargr, Ovaghoun Vargr, Suedzuk Vargr, Kokasha Vargr, Logaksu Vargr, Nakagun Vargr, Roth Thokken Vargr, Urzaeng Vargr
Vargr Sub-Species: ‘Servitor Race’ Irilitok (a.k.a. Julian, or Amdukan Vargr) throughout the Alpha Quadrant of Empty Quarter Sector. Born and bred to to please man, the continual immigration and rapid reproduction of the Irilitok Vargr is deeply resented.
History & Background (Dossier)
While the position of the Irilitok Vargr has substantially improved, they are still at the bottom of the social hierarchy. Irilitok Vargr were specifically bred to serve humans. (The observant Traveller can determine this by their friendly and cheerful disposition and their pleasing (to the human eye) physiognomy – big childlike eyes, short snouts, and a rather upright posture.)
Over time, there was a loosening of restrictions and an easing of oppressive measures, and the Irilitok Vargr began to rise in prominence, moving to displace the decimated Suedzuk Vargr packs.
The organizational skills of the Irilitok Vargr eventually gave them an edge in economic and military competition with the locals. The amazing ability of the ordinary Hegemonio to bounce back from any setback shone through, as the Time of Madness (869-873) ebbed away into the past. To the astonishment of all, the Irilitok Vargr cultures were the first to return to health. They had managed to hold up under the unyielding burden of the Blighted War, avoided any major Hegemonic punishment, and kept their distance from anti-Hegemony rebels. As their reward for their passive acceptance and loyalty to the Hegemony, a host of restrictions on the Irilitok was removed. Moreover, they were encouraged to gain even more liberty – should they move to the Hegemony worlds of the Empty Quarter, taking what used to belong to the Suedzuk. Millions have taken up the over: while the Irilitok are still a minority in Beta Quadrant, they are rapidly expanding, while local humaniti is growing at a slower rate, and the Suedzuk are clearly shrinking in population.
With low-key support from the Menderes Corporation, the Irilitok Vargr developed a lead in banking and high finance that they enjoy to this day. Some Irilitok Vargr even took an interest in the development genetics, computing and electronics. This is most clearly seen at Kulloerr (Empty Quarter 2103), an Irilitok Vargr-dominated world that is now home to one of the most successful planetary economies in all of Beta quadrant.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- Amdukan Sector
- Antares Sector
- Gzaefueg Sector
- Mendan Sector
- Meshan Sector
- Gashikan Sector
- Trenchans Sector
- Arzul Sector
- Star's End Sector
- Empty Quarter Sector
The homeworld of this race (sophontic species) is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), 63.
- Simon Beal. "The Vargr Race." Vargr (2009): 3,32.
- Alvin Plummer. "Hegemony, Republic, Duchy: Part I." Stellar Reaches 10 (2010): 13.
- Alvin Plummer. "Zukhisa." Stellar Reaches 11 (2010): 31.
- Alvin Plummer. "Hegemony, Republic, Duchy: Part IV." Stellar Reaches 13 (2011): 31.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Pakkrat
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science