G-class Industrial Vessels serve a wide variety of industrial uses including construction, resource processing, manufacturing, ship repair, recovery, and other commercial roles.
- Industrial Vessels perform large scale manufacturing, resource processing, and foodstuff raising among other tasks.
- The same vessel under dedicated military service would be known as a Q-class Combat Support Ship.
- Industrial smallcraft can be found under the UG-class.
- The Supraclass designation is also known as Ship Mission, Ship Mission Code, Mission, or Ship Hull Designation.
- It is a starship supraclass.
- 1 Library Data Referral Tree
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Library Data Referral Tree
- Starship User Types
- Advanced Ship Classifications
- Basic Ship Classifications
- Ships by Function
- Speed of Travel
No information yet available.
Noncombatant Largecraft and/or Bigcraft
- A Leander class Space Tug working a crowded highport.
- This is a side view and a top view of a smaller layout of the modular ship known as the Roca Maestro class Modular Ore Hauler.
- A Roughneck class Frontier Fuel Harvester traversing the various layers of a resource-rich gas giant.
- A Tomar class Industrial Mining Launch equipped with two 15-ton Ore Pods, a kind of Cargo Container.
- Two Bathysphere class Prospector's Cutters making planetfall.
Strategy & Tactics (Doctrine)
Industrial Vessels and their militarized cousins, the Combat Support Ships, do the heavy lifting in Charted Space: factory ships, mobile refineries, mining vessels, nano-manufacturies, and all sorts of industrial applications. Such ships come with escorts where needed, and rarely have enough speed or armament to escape marauders if they did show up. They are often enormously expensive and no smart corporation or megacorporation would leave an asset such as these unprotected.
|G-class Industrial Smallcraft Supraclass Archetypes|
Size-Class Roles for Transport Vessels
- Industrial Smallcraft (UG) (1 to 99 tons)
- Prospector Vessel (J) (100 to 2,499 tons)
- Light Industrial Vessel (GL) (2,500 to 99,999 tons)
- Medium Industrial Vessel (GM) (100,000 to 249,999 tons)
- Heavy Industrial Vessel (GH) (250,000 to 499,999 tons)
- Superheavy Industrial Vessel (GS) (500,000 to 999,999 tons)
- Ultraheavy Industrial Vessel (GU) (1,000,000 or more tons)
Supraclass Archetypal Roles
These vessels typically serve the following archetypal roles:
|G-class Industrial Vessel Supraclass Archetypes|
|Industrial Vessel||G||Heyan Rose class Freight Tractor||None
|Agricultural Vessel||GA||No exemplar yet available.||None
|Construction Vessel||GC||Legionary class Corvette||Typically for construction of one thing (such as another ship or a building) at a time. Usually smaller than most GFs.
|Factory Ship||GF||Library class Archive Ship||Typically for construction of many things at once, using economies of scale (thus, usually larger than GCs).
|Refinery Vessel||GG||Prelude class Mobile Refinery||Refinery vessels that can obtain their own unprocessed fuel (which is most refinery vessels) are classified by type: GGI can mine ice, GGW can scoop water and/or skim gas giants, and GGM (for Multi) can do both. Just having a fuel processor on board does not qualify a ship as GG by itself; fuel refining must be the primary mission of the ship.|
|Mining Vessel||GJ||SI-049 Company Store class Mining Tender||Mining ships that can also build things are GCM or GFM depending on construction focus.|
|Heavy Industrial Vessel||GH||No exemplar yet available.||None
|Heavy Industrial Vessel||GL||No exemplar yet available.||None
|Medium Industrial Vessel||GM||No exemplar yet available.||None
|Utility Vessel, Tug||GQ||Powhatan class Heavy Tug||None
|Superheavy Industrial Vessel||GS||No exemplar yet available.||None
|Ultraheavy Industrial Vessel||GU||Prelude class Mobile Refinery||None
|Ship Tender / Ship Repair Vessel||GV||Ocklosh class Salvage Ship||A Ship Tender is a vessel intended to maintain and repair stricken ships. Essentially, a floating maintenance and repair yard with all labs, workshops, tools, and a limited quantity of supplies to perform such duty, with more sourced from supply ships attending the fleet. The ship tender and fleet tender terms are often, though mistakenly, used interchangeably.
|Prospector Vessel||J||Type J class Seeker||Prospector Vessels or Very Light Industrial Vessels are typically smaller mining and prospecting vessels that participate and perform important roles in the resource extraction and processing industries.|
|Industrial Smallcraft||UG||Tomar class Industrial Mining Launch||None
|NOTES: There is semantic overlap between many of the classes and codes. Some codes organize by mission or capability, others by size and tonnage, and yet others by other characteristics.|
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type GA class Agricultural Vessel
- No exemplar yet available.
- Type GC class Construction Vessel
- Type GF class Factory Ship
- No exemplar yet available.
- Type GG class Refinery Vessel
- Type GM class Mining Vessel
- Type GU class Utility Vessel
- Type GV class Ship Repair Vessel
- Type UG class Industrial Smallcraft
Ship Summary List
Some of the most commonly used vessels in this role or these roles include:
|18 Representative Industrial Vessel (G) Classes|
|0 Representative Agricultural Vessel (GA) Classes|
|1 Representative Construction Vessel (GC) Classes|
|3 Representative Factory Ship (GF) Classes|
|1 Representative Refinery Vessel (GG) Classes|
|0 Representative Heavy Industrial Vessel (GH) Classes|
|1 Representative Mining Vessel (GJ) Classes|
|0 Representative Light Industrial Vessel (GL) Classes|
|0 Representative Medium Industrial Vessel (GM) Classes|
|8 Representative Utility Vessel (GQ) Classes|
|0 Representative Supraheavy Industrial Vessel (GS) Classes|
|1 Representative Ultraheavy Industrial Vessel (GU) Classes|
|3 Representative Ship Tender / Mobile Spaceyard (GV) Classes|
|11 Representative Prospector Vessel (J) Classes|
|3 Representative Industrial Smallcraft (UG) Classes|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Trillion Credit Squadron
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science