Eakhau class Merchant
|Eakhau class Merchant|
Sometimes the quickest route to 100 diameters come close by a sun for an Eakhau class Merchant.
|Type: RT Merchant|
|Also see||Liner / Merchant Vessel|
|Architect||J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||8 High/Med 16 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a # sophont crew and # marines.
Using a 400-ton hull, the Aslan trader is intended as a basic interstellar merchant ship, carrying a mix of cargo and passengers.
- An Eakhau class Merchant on route to destination with a crew of crafty Aslan females.
- Eakhau class Merchants are beautiful streamlined and sometimes attract attention at a downport.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|1.||Tonnage||400 tons. The ship is streamlined.|
|2.||Crew||x5 crew. The trader requires a crew of five: pilot, navigator, two engineers, and purser. A steward, medic. and up to four gunners are sometimes carried.|
|3.||Performance||Fuel tankage of 100 tons support the power plant and one Jump-2.|
|4.||Electronics||Adjacent to the bridge is a computer Model/2.|
|5.||Hardpoints||There are four hardpoints and four tons set aside for fire control.|
|6.||Armament||No weapons are mounted.|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The Aslan Trader is a very common ship, intended as an interstellar merchant. It is capable of carrying both passengers and cargo, and this coupled with its Jump-2 drives and four hardpoints make it a highly versatile ship. The EAKHAU class Trader is a standard design, available throughout Aslan space, and thus includes a price discount of 10%. 
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: Eakhau means day, in Trokh a period of time involving one revolution of a planet on its axis.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type RT class Trade Liner AKA Trade Liner
- Eakhau class Merchant
- Gold of Zurrian class Long Liner
- Margaret class Longliner
- Petty class Subsidized Merchant
- Pride of Vland class Long Liner
- Queen class Modular Subsidized Merchant
- Shianjo class Liner
- Stubbie class Subsidized Merchant
- Tukera class Longliner
- Type RT class Longliner
- Virtue class Light Freighter
|This article has Metadata|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- Mike Jackson. Third Imperium 02 (Galaxy Games, 1986), 6-7.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. "Technical Booklet." Brilliant Lances (1994): 31.
- Gareth Hanrahan. Aslan (Mongoose Publishing, 2009), 33, 82.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science