Tyrfing class Freighter
|Tyrfing class Freighter|
Symbol of the Sword Worlds
|Type: AM Freighter|
|Hull Configuration||Flattened Sphere Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Origin||Sword Worlds Confederation|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Cost||MCr450.960 (base) |
|Quick Ship Profile||AM-KS12|
|Also see||Tramp Vessel|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Tyrfing class is a 1,000-ton streamlined, flattened sphere configuration vessel with 1-G and J-1 performance. It is equipped with fuel scoops and is capable of wilderness refueling. It is equipped to carry eight high, eight middle and twenty six low passengers. Its' major feature is the cavernous 500-ton cargo bay.
- It is unarmed and does not have a defensive suite.
- It carries a single subcraft (a 30 ton ship's boat) and no drones.
- It has a ten sophont crew and no marines: the crew consists of a pilot, navigator, four engineers, steward/purser, medic, and two flight crew for the subcraft.
- It is used in the Sword Worlds.
- A fictional chit in the style of Fifth Frontier War representing a squadron of Tyrfing class Freighters. The color of the counter indicates its allegiance to the Sword Worlds Confederation.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||1,000 tons. Airframe disc-shaped configuration.|
|4.||Electronics||Bridge. x1 Model/2 ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The Tyrfing class is unarmed.|
|8.||Craft / Drones||x1 30-ton Ship's Boat.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||30 months to build, 32 months in quantity.|
The design is employed by the New Frontiers Trading Company for merchant runs.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type AM class Medium Trader
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|